Wench as a gift for my husband

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whittaker-Williams

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Elizabeth
I am looking for a wench that will pull a RV175 into a hanger, as a gift for my husband. Need help in the size of the wench, how to install it as a surprise, where and what to buy. I assume a RV175, can be pulled in by it tale, but do not know this as certain knowledge.

I've put several of these in use (get the 880, I find the 440 too weak), even though listed as a 'hoist', they work great.
The first thing to determine however is, will this be a hazard to the airplane.
Is there a place to safely pull the airplane? You want to ensure no damage will occur to the airplane by pulling it as planned. Probably need to chat with some owners first to see if it has been done.
The surface must be almost level and the airplane not, I would say, over 3000lbs.
How are you planning on pulling the airplane out? If it can be pulled out by hand or taxied out, great. It is possible to put a deadman pulley on the ramp in front of the hangar and pull 'on something' (again, needs some forethought) to get the airplane out with the same hoist.

I mounted four now on a home-made metal stand bolted to the concrete floor.
I also rewired the switch and attached to a 100'extension cord (awg 14/2wg).
(This does not meet code and some consider an electrical hazard but 4 installs x 15 years plus and no sparks)
Also I remove the cable and put in a much longer one.
I can send details on these if needed.

Sure some kind of purposed-dedicated towing device won't be better?

I looked up RV175 to help, but I can’t find any info.

I like my wenches quiet, too much chatter takes all the fun out of having a good wench.

Ok, let's be nice.

Better than a winch might be a tug, but they're much more expensive - say $1000 to $1500.

I think Dave has covered all the bases.

I was going to ask if you had a sister, but I'm better than that

sexy_pirate_wench_costume_86673__77061.1503626236.500.750.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back