Well, this s***ks!

Kaye

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
iPlaneless
Just got notice that the data-link wx in the Trinnie expires Apr 1, the day I'm flying home from Iowa. The new subscription is paid, but unlike the GPS datacards that are released a week in advance, they don't release the MFD card in advance.:dunno: Ya mean I gotta figure out inflight wx the old fashion way???:p

So Tony.....you better order up some mighty fine wx for that weekend! :yes:

Just got notice that the data-link wx in the Trinnie expires Apr 1, the day I'm flying home from Iowa. The new subscription is paid, but unlike the GPS datacards that are released a week in advance, they don't release the MFD card in advance.:dunno: Ya mean I gotta figure out inflight wx the old fashion way???:p

ive already submitted a request to the NWS.

What kind of MFD? Why, I wonder, is a "card" required to access an in-flight wx source anyway? Unless you already have, I'd go as deep into the supplier's technical support for an acceptable answer to your problem if I were you. BTW, XM has the annoying habit of turning itself off every six months or so (in the middle of a valid subscription period) and this happened to me in-flight once. The equipment manufacturer's (all XM-wx equipment has this problem since they all use the same "secret decoder ring" chip) say a fix is coming soon and have been saying that for at least 9 months.

Um....laptop ?

wellll……that’s assuming this old broad has caught up with the 21st century and owns a wireless laptop…..

grumble, grumble…….where’s that thread on old farts, old computers, and old girlfriends…grrrrrrrrrr……

What kind of MFD? Why, I wonder, is a "card" required to access an in-flight wx source anyway? Unless you already have, I'd go as deep into the supplier's technical support for an acceptable answer to your problem if I were you. BTW, XM has the annoying habit of turning itself off every six months or so (in the middle of a valid subscription period) and this happened to me in-flight once. The equipment manufacturer's (all XM-wx equipment has this problem since they all use the same "secret decoder ring" chip) say a fix is coming soon and have been saying that for at least 9 months.

We have the KMD550. Since it uses proprietary technologies, we have no choice but to get all our services from Bendix King....complete with no competition and growing costs. I don't quite understand why we're held hostage with the MFD card having to be shipped, when our GPS service is downloaded. With the GPS, tho, I had a in-flight reboot back in Dec, and one of the partners had a reboot last week (just as he got cleared direct). Not sure what's up with that.:dunno:

Back