"Well it's not plastic and it won't fit over your head."

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
..and other great quotes from the weekend.

The title was quoted from Jeanie (the waitress at Hoppy's) in a response to Grant saying he deserved the empty, purple Crown Royal bag because he had more than anyone at that point.

Grant has a "quote napkin" filled with some gems from over the weekend. Here's a couple others:

"Holy crap I thought your dad was a bear!" - Liz (JoeSelch) which sounds like it should be something heard at the fly-in, but we were in L'Anse, and at a gas pump where I had just pulled forward so he could fill up my mom's car.

"Is anyone good at reading lips?" - Clark (DakotaDriver) which was said 3 minutes after the above quote when we pulled our car up next to the other one we took to L'Anse. Yeah, all we had to do was roll down the window to hear what my mom was saying. :D

"Do you think Ron felt a disturbance in the force after that?" - Unknown. In response to a coordinated inspection pass between two 'unknown' aircraft.

There is no such thing as a normal family, said by a wise sage on the way to the Fredericks' estate.

yeah but nothing beats Stanleys gem from Wings " Its always windy at the airport"

yeah but nothing beats Stanleys gem from Wings " Its always windy at the airport"

Oh, when Grant digs out the quote napkin, you'll see Ol' Porky's got nothin on Sidnaw.

"This might sound weird, but I think I just found the new paint scheme for the Commanche in the men's bathroom." - EdFred (BEFORE any Crown intake!)

" That is NOT a Yooper accent" Jeanie's reaction to Felix

"They said women and children first and I ran like a sissy" - Grant about getting in the first rescue truck.

"What happeneds at Sidnaw stays at Sidnaw... at least untill someone gets home and can get a connection" - unknown.

As we were leaving the bar and discussing flying drunk, at night, through fog, on an unlit grass strip: "If the pilot's lit, does the runway have to be?" -- Clark

"Pete, dammit, if I knew that I'd fix it!" -- Greg, after Pete's query about where the oil leak on the radial is...

"You look like you could skip a few meals." Jeannie, to Liz, after being informed she forgot to take Liz's order. Liz is quite skinny and ran 16 miles on Saturday morning!

"I'm Mr. 24 now, and pink is the way we're going." -- Scott

"It's kind of small." -- I forgot.

"We didn't take the time to get good wood." -- during the fire preparation

Brad was talking about a family with 17 kids, and he said... "The last ones aren't gonna do well in school, they're drop-outs." :rofl:

"Rachel, why don't you have a rubber grip on your stick?" -- Brad again

Last edited:
"Offer to buy him fuel, but not oil" Pete about going for a ride with greg in the 190

Last edited:
"Pete, dammit, if I knew that I'd fix it!" -- Greg, after Pete's query about where the oil leak on the radial is...

More detailed version:

Group discussion ensues about how bad the 195 leaks oil...Greg comments that it seems its leaking worse again after have improved for awhile.

Pete: So, Greg, where is the leak coming from?
Greg: Dammit, Pete! If I knew that I'd fix the damn thing!

I think we've got all the onle from the napkin here already!
-- Sunshine

Wait, I thought I was sunshine? Has that changed since last year? ;)

Wait, I thought I was sunshine? Has that changed since last year? ;)

Yes, It seems that Jeanie uses that name for whomever she deems worthy (or most annoying!). This year Grant was up for the challenge, and played his part well. He did, however, earn some brownie points by giving an airplane ride to Jeanie and a couple of her kids. I don't know what she will do if you are both there next year! Sunshine I and II, maybe?

"What happeneds at Sidnaw stays at Sidnaw... at least untill someone gets home and can get a connection" - unknown.

The original version was: "What happens at Sidnaw, stays at Sidnaw....because there is no way to get the information out!" - Barb

"Wow, Ed... This thing is HUGE now!" - Scott, in reference to the runway, when turning base to land... Much funnier when heard 'cold' over the radio.

"I hear that a lot..." - Ed, in reply to above...

Back