Well, Hello Fellow Pilots!

flyerfocus

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
flyerfocus
Just found this board and now that I signed up it’s insistent that I introduce myself, so here goes: I’m John, I live in the San Francisco East Bay Area, and I was supposed to fly out of Tracy (KTCY) today, taking a friend on her first flight but I cancelled due to WX. I got my commercial/multi/instrument in the 90s and then didn’t fly a whole lot (kids are expensive). Now that they are out of school and launched I've got my eye on getting my CFI. I’m currently studying for the FoI written and puttering around the sky, rebuilding my proficiency in a 172, and learning the whole glass cockpit thing. I have definite opinions on the decommissioning of VORs/over-reliance on GPS, and I joined CAP about a year ago where I’m now a 1st LT & ESO.

In my “real life” I work in tech but wouldn’t mind hanging that up once I get my CFI to build time towards flying corporate since I’m apparently too old to be if interest to the airlines. I’m also a media photographer at air shows and air races. Do we have any Reno Air Races fans out here?

Welcome!

Absolutely on the air races. Haven’t been since ‘17, hopefully going back in the next couple years.

Greetings! Welcome to the party. :D

Welcome to the best aviation forum on the internet.
Let's cut to the chase. What you want to do is ditch the 172, buy a Bonanza, fire your CFI, get foreflight with a Stratus and an ipad mini.

That should cover your first year here.

Welcome.

Let's cut to the chase. What you want to do is ditch the 172, buy a Bonanza, fire your CFI, get foreflight with a Stratux and an ipad mini.

Welcome.

FIFY

Let's cut to the chase. What you want to do is ditch the 172, buy a Bonanza, fire your CFI, get foreflight with a Stratus and an ipad mini.

Welcome.

but the ipad mini has to be cellular

Welcome.

And make sure you have the correct uniform, cargo shorts and new balance sneakers...

Let's cut to the chase. What you want to do is ditch the 172, buy a Grumman, fire your CFI, get Garmin Pilot with a Stratux and any tablet that is not made by Apple.

Welcome.

FIFY

Not if you have an external GPS. And you’ll have a Stratux or Stratus for ADSB-in anyway, so there’s your GPS.
sorry I should have added a sarcasm emoji I was going along with Bryan's post about typical responses here;)

Back