Welcome to the board Matt

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
you folks that made it to Gastons already met Matt but this is my thread to introduce him to the board. Matt owns two beautiful aircraft. A Cessna 140 and Foka 4 Glider. The Foka is the pinnacle of wood gliders, built in the late 60's. you can find a picture or two of it on the glider clubs website, www.knightglider.com Ill attach my favorite shot of the 140 from the weekend. Not only is he a great pilot but a really bright engineer and an all around good guy. His username is foka4, lets give him a big welcome

Attachments

• DSC01201.JPG
    DSC01201.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 26
He and Matt are still talking despite that HOURS long trip home.... :) It is, one beautiful classic.

Welcome, Matt. Thank you so much for the ride in your beautiful airplane.

He and Matt are still talking despite that HOURS long trip home.... :) It is, one beautiful classic.

bruce - 3.8 to get home, on the tach. right after takeoff from mexico MO we had the least tailwinds with only 95-100 mph groundspeeds but soon regained them and were back to 110-115 mph. here is our max for the trip there. on descent into mexico is picture two.

Attachments

• DSC01243.JPG
    DSC01243.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC01255.JPG
    DSC01255.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 19
I think he should put some of that 3M reflective tape on the -140 for the next Gaston's....:rolleyes:

I bet Matt thinks Danica Patrick is a major league hottie.

i dont know what kind of motorsports he's into. but hes got a pretty nice turbocharged subaru i think with big tires and a wing. also has a motorcycle that he runs up the runways every now and then. that thing is damn fast. maybe he'll reply here soon and let us all know.

Welcome aboard, Matt! Sorry I didn't get a chance to chat with you more at Gastons!

Hey i like Fast Car and Fast Women, so Danica fits the bill (lol)
Any by the way WELCOME Matt.you need to join us on the chat room at night, then you'll officially be part of the NLC.(No Lifers Club)
Dave G

Hey, guys. Thanks for the warm reception - both at Gaston's and now on the forum!

Tony's intro is quite flattering, but not so much as I'd hoped considering how much I had to pay him to say that stuff.

I'm glad I got to give a few of you rides in the 140. I came into Gaston's feeling wowed by all the other aircraft on the field, never thinking that there'd be so much interest in my little 80kt cruiser.

I look forward to getting to know everyone better, and I'll see you at G5!

Matthew

Welcome aboard, Matt! Glad to see yet another cornfield dweller here.

Way the by: This is Chris Jones from Boone - you may have seen me running around with Tony last fall when we were doing my IR in the maroon/white RV-7A.

As previously mentioned - welcome to the ASYLUM!

Hey Matt! Welcome to the asylum.

Don't know how much time ya all got to spend with Matt, but as far as the asylum goes, I think Matt could be King some day. :D :D :D He's a hoot. Glad you joined us Matt. :)

Other Matt - how did you get my picture for your avatar? I'm calling my publicity agent...

Chris - will I see you at RV days in Boone? It's this Saturday. I'll have the 140 there for a while.

Greg - I'm glad we're still talking. I had a lot of fun at your expense while we were waiting for the weather to clear!

That reminds me of something I've been contemplating: If a 1/2 pound man with a 1200 foot pipe... Oh, never mind.

Chris - will I see you at RV days in Boone? It's this Saturday. I'll have the 140 there for a while.

This is becoming my universal answer for any event I would like to attend -- "It depends on work." Chances are we will be working this weekend, which means I'll miss RV Day this year. If we get out early I'm definitely making a b-line for the airport. I think my dad is planning on flying up here Sat. morning, though.

Greg - I'm glad we're still talking. I had a lot of fun at your expense while we were waiting for the weather to clear!

OK, Matt. Commence to dishin' the dirt.

hey all i know is a quarter pound hamburger on a 2400 foot long pole could torque the propeller bolt for a Cessna 195.

hey all i know is a quarter pound hamburger on a 2400 foot long pole could torque the propeller bolt for a Cessna 195.

Don't get me started again. I was still giggling about that this morning while getting ready for work. :rofl:

Back