Weird sliver thing

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
A few months ago, I stepped on a live electric wire, and shocked the living crap outta myself. It really, really hurt, and it split the side of my foot open, not badly, but a little split.

Well, it healed, and now I have a sliver inside where the wound was. I figured my body would reject it, like it had every other sliver, but its not moving. Every once in a while, I'll step wrong and pressure hits it, and of course, its very painfull (its a sliver afterall).

I don't have any black salve or I'd try that, short of cutting my foot open (which I've done for tough slivers before, its not pretty, but it works), anyone have an idea to get a very deeply imbedded sliver out of my foot?

yep - see a doc!

That's what I'd do. Cutting below the dead skin is a lot riskier than you might think. It's also possible that your "sliver" is actually a damaged or infected nerve. Digging around that isn't likely to improve anything.

Yup, see your friendly podiatrist.

I got a cactus thorn in the horny part of my heel in the mid 70s. It was still there when the podiatrist started working on my rash of Plantar Warts in the late 90s. She got it along with the warts.

I used to have an auto shop.

3 weeks before my weeding I cut my finger on a rusty exhaust pipe. I cleaned it the best I could and covered it every day with triple ointment, ect hoping that it wouldn't show off in the hand photos my soon to be wife wanted so badly.
A year later it looked like a had a black line tattoo along the cut. About once a month it would hurt when I touched it.
After 3-4 years I saw a dermatologist about a bad liquid propane burn & asked her about the cut. She said any dirt now would be adsorbed by the skin and recommended leaving it alone.

Every once in a while I would pick at it with a pin, etc.

15 years later I finally got a piece of rust out of it & it hasn't hurt in the past 2 years. It still looks like a tattoo.

Cut it with a razor blade and pick it clean or see a doctor ASAP :)

Dang Bo didn't that smart every step you took for years?

Only the first two. It was far enough up on the side that it only got pressure when I missed a step and/or turned my ankle over.

15 years later I finally got a piece of rust out of it & it hasn't hurt in the past 2 years. It still looks like a tattoo.

I sitll have a piece of pencil lead in my left hand that I picked up when I was about five. I stabbed myself on a stack of pencils ont he table during my Mom's Tupperware party.

The cool thing about that was I used th emark almost my youth to tell me which was left. I had to check for the mark until I started driving and learned that left turns are the ones that cross traffic.

I still think of THAT every time I need to distinquish, even when flying. I really have directional dyslexia.

And....East is where New York is. West is L.A. As I've said, I have to envision that all of the time, too.

Back