Weird Looking Aircraft

Mignet Flying Flea:

ab4c1bd61a36fa8ead8929bc91ad4a57.jpg

Champion Lancer? I'd never even heard of that one and even though I have time in the 7AC, EC and FC, I can only barely recognize some aspects of the Champ origins of that thing.
Yes, the Champion Model 402 Lancer. :cool: Two 100 hp Continental O-200-As with fixed-pitch props; single-engine service ceiling well below sea level. Only a handful were built. :rolleyes:

If it's possible to be weird, practical and cool all at the same time, I'd think that one would fit the bill.

Looking at the Mojave above, brought this to the remains of my mind ... sorta.

Weird lookin' aircraft, weird lookin' fish:

images

It hasn't ever been to Sun 'N' Fun, or hasn't been to Sun 'N' Fun under the new ownership?
I ran into the owner, ironically (I usually see him daily at home) at sun n fun today. I asked him and he said he flew it in last 5 years ago.

When you're down by the sea
And an eel bites your knee
That's - a moray

You're channeling The Barefoot Man, who played dive resorts in the Caymans for many years. I've probably still got his cassette somewhere.

See that thing in the reef,
With the big shiny teeth,
That's a moray...

Put your hand in the crack,
And you won't get it back,
From a moray...

Dornier Do31 VTOL

640px-Dornier_Do_31_in_1968.jpg

Dornier Do28 'Skyservant' utility aircraft:

640px-Dornier_Do-28D_Skyservant_%28cropped%29.jpg

RFB 400 'fantrainer' (a bit like the edgeley. This was supposed to be a training platform for centerline thrust transition):

640px-RFB_Fantrainer_400_AN2236582.jpg

The RFB X-114 prototype. A type of surface effect vehicle (similar to the russian Ekranoplan), except this one apparently could transition to real flight:

800px-SbY0U.jpg

Last edited:
This one popped up on my Facebook feed, of all places:

bleriot125-2.jpg

It's the Bleriot 125. One prototype built, it was determined to be unsafe and was scrapped.

This one popped up on my Facebook feed, of all places:

bleriot125-2.jpg

It's the Bleriot 125. One prototype built, it was determined to be unsafe and was scrapped.

I think the size of the empennage may have been a factor.

:D

Goodyear inflatable plane.

I'd think it would be cool if someone made it now!
Goodyear_GA-447_Inflatoplane_in_flight.jpg

Back