Weird guy transfers to Prescott Tower

Hahaha - that's awesome!

Mark, you just might learn something from this guy!

Pink slip city.

I don't care how clever the guy "may be." Save it for when you've accomplished something.

It would go something like "You and the Captain are released effective immediately."
Him/Them: Are you serious
Me: Yes

I wouldn't even bother calling the prior work location.

Mark, you just might learn something from this guy!

No kidding. I thought I was capable of some good practical jokes but that guy is the master. :thumbsup:

Pink slip city.
I don't care how clever the guy "may be." Save it for when you've accomplished something.
It would go something like "You and the Captain are released effective immediately."

WTF Ravioli? Why? This was a controller BTW, one person, not "You and the Captain". Did you post on the wrong thread?

Pink slip city.

Uhh...wut? Wrong thread there bud?

Correct thread. New controller (or employee of any type) comes in and dicks around throughout their training period instead of taking it seriously?

Hasta la vista.

I'm sure he's a heads down serious guy "the rest of the time," right?

It's consistent with my posts about the workplace, if that's what you mean.

Loosin' up a little. Was just posting a story that I thought was funny.

Loosin' up a little. Was just posting a story that I thought was funny.

I guarantee that if the manager had sacked his ass he would be laughing for years about the guy who came in a tried to pull that stuff and got what happened. Of course the guy getting sacked would just file a grievance and probably get stationed somewhere else to pull stupid idea number three.

Not all audiences view the same "joke" the same way, it seems.

I guarantee that if the manager had sacked his ass he would be laughing for years about the guy who came in a tried to pull that stuff and got what happened. Of course the guy getting sacked would just file a grievance and probably get stationed somewhere else to pull stupid idea number three.

Dudeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Relax. Controller is Civil Service, can't fire him anyway. lol

Unless you're President Reagan...

Last edited:

I bet you’d really show him! Lol

I failed to see what was funny.

I mean if Jim had paid attention in class then the test score would have been higher.

I mean if Jim had paid attention in class then the test score would have been higher.

Jim was out of control. Had a drinkin problem

He's already a rated journeyman controller. **** the test, put me on the scope!

This story doesn't surprise me. I've worked with many former controllers and a few of them were definitely "characters". As mentioned previously in this thread, a controller who ****es off his new boss isn't going to get fired for a harmless joke. Reprimanded or written up, perhaps, but unlikely. My guess is his boss was more relieved that he didn't have a nut case for a staff member.

Back