Weight and balance Foreflight

bugsiegel

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Bugsiegel
It there a way to set up utility catagory weight and balance for a 172?

Yes you can set it up any way you want. You can either customize there template or create your own.

It there a way to set up utility catagory weight and balance for a 172?

If you want PM me the tail number and I will mess around with it.

Just using a random 172 tail number after it asks if it's a float plane it will ask you about category, if you leave it unchecked it will default to utility.

Last edited:
Can this be done online with templates instead?

VOR Tracking gave me the right answer.
When creating the aircraft profile in the w&b leave step 3 unchecked and (as it says) it will default to utility. The only thing is I now have two aircraft in my inventory with the same tail number. I don't see a way to differenciate the names in the inventory list. I have to check the listed gross weight as soon as I choose an aircraft.
I have the utilitary profile listed second and right now I'm only flying one plane, so it's not too confusing. If I had multiple planes, I'd do the same for all

Check the 'setup' tab after selecting a profile. I believe the registration number can be edited.

VOR Tracking gave me the right answer.
When creating the aircraft profile in the w&b leave step 3 unchecked and (as it says) it will default to utility. The only thing is I now have two aircraft in my inventory with the same tail number. I don't see a way to differenciate the names in the inventory list. I have to check the listed gross weight as soon as I choose an aircraft.
I have the utilitary profile listed second and right now I'm only flying one plane, so it's not too confusing. If I had multiple planes, I'd do the same for all

Go to the weight and balance tab under more, you will see edit in the top center of the page. If you select edit it will give you the option to delete plane's. The plus on the far right top will let you add plane's.

I am defiant to let them charge me more. :nono:

So, I use an app called Aviation W&B. :)

I am defiant to let them charge me more. :nono:

So, I use an app called Aviation W&B. :)

Why? They're still cheaper than a regional Jepp subscription at their cheapest price, and many of us paid for those when they were the only option.

ForeFlight is cheap for what you get. Even at the full bells and whistles version. Really cheap.

Back