Weekend Update

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Well folks, had a good flying weekend. Saturday I took a couple private students up in strong winds to give them a feel. Both did pretty well with 15G25ish winds at about a 20 degree angle. Jesse came down Friday Night, so I showed him around Ames, showed him Campus and where I spend my time studying. We went out with Leah and her Crew friends Saturday night. Sunday morning was back out to the airport. I did a couple Glider tows, winds were still strongish. Jesse jumped in backseat of Super Cub after I was done with tows and made a pretty dang good landing from the back. Not easy to do since he hasnt flow tailwheel for over a year and could barely see out the front. My A&P came out and started helping me finish up the patch on the glider. We just need to put the Silver on now, and it looks good! I sent Jesse on his merry way and then took off flying with Matt Michael in a 172. He is going for his Private Checkride on Thursday and needed to get his 3 takeoffs and landings at a controlled airport. His radio work was pretty good, we got into the Class C with a flaky transponder during the evening "rush" (if you could call it that). He knocked his 3 takeoffs out while I watched a T38 land and taxi up, that was pretty cool. Sure wish that i wouldve had my camera. Flight back to Ames was beautiful, the cold front that blew through this weekend brought some super dry and cool air. Visibility was easily 50 miles at as low as 2000 AGL. The sunset was spectacular.

Back