Weekend trip from Austin, TX - reccomendations?

zwaustin

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
zw
Looking for some advice on good 2-3 day weekend destinations from Austin, TX area.

My wife and I fly to Austin on occasion, and it's not a bad flight at all. While I live further North, New Orleans is always entertaining and wouldn't add too much flight time.

Port Aransas. Nachitoches. Galveston. Dallas. Gastons. Petit Jean. Memphis.

Come see us at Amelia's Landing in Port Aransas. We will let you use our car while you're here. :)

I forgot it, and even more surprised Spike forgot it.

Fredericksburg.

You haven't lived until you have visited Corinth Texas.
We have um...

Yeah, go to Jay's place.

Food destination airports are a plenty. Here in Dallas there's 52F, RBD, GPM, LNC with on field restaurants. There's so many options one could probably fly most of the year to different spots without doubling up.

New Orleans is an easy flight for a low-time pilot, with big bang-for-the-buck as long as you miss the major events (like NYE or Mardi Gras), and you won't run out of things to do.

Fredericksburg is a nice overnight trip from Austin, but unless you're just looking to unwind, it'd be hard to spend 3 days there.

Little Rock might be a fun place to visit. I've never been, but it's on my list.

Little Rock might be a fun place to visit. I've never been, but it's on my list.

There are more interesting places to visit in Arkansas than Little Rock. I second the Gaston's recommendation. Also try Hot Springs, Eureka Springs, Fayetteville/Springdale/Rogers (Crystal Bridges is very nice).

Food destination airports are a plenty. Here in Dallas there's 52F, RBD, GPM, LNC with on field restaurants. There's so many options one could probably fly most of the year to different spots without doubling up.
Which would you rate the best? I'm looking for lunch destinations a touch further away.

South side, Delta Chalies at KRBD. West side, The Beacon Cafe at T67. Both on their respective fields.

Santa Fe. A little farther and review high altitude procedures, but lots to do.

Natchez Mississippi, Branson Missouri, Hot Springs Arkansas, Memphis, New Orleans, Destin Florida

FYI the Blue Hangar restaurant at 52F went out of business back in October.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back