Weekend Pics (Aviation)

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
This weekend included flights to Sedona, Grand Canyon, Flagstaff and Meteor Crater. Action packed, great weather and perfect flying. I managed to actually grease 4 out of 5 landings this weekend. The kind of greaser where you don't feel the wheels touch. :)
I am actually having 2nd thoughts now about selling the Mooney and buying a newer one. It just flies so great. I don't think there is a better aircraft out there.
April took lots of Pics. I placed them here so you can all see.
Flying rocks!

Michael

smigaldi said:
Nice pics and it looks like it was a cool flight.

T/he one picture is mislabled though. You are calling it a 'Glider at Grand Canyon'. It is a Burt Rutan design called a Long EZ, most definetly a powered aircraft

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:NOAA-Long-EZ.jpg

Your correct, wasnt sure if it was concidered a glider or not. It does have a small prop on the back.

Michael said:
This weekend included flights to Sedona, Grand Canyon, Flagstaff and Meteor Crater. Action packed, great weather and perfect flying. I managed to actually grease 4 out of 5 landings this weekend. The kind of greaser where you don't feel the wheels touch. :)
I am actually having 2nd thoughts now about selling the Mooney and buying a newer one. It just flies so great. I don't think there is a better aircraft out there.
April took lots of Pics. I placed them here so you can all see.
Flying rocks!

Michael

Yep - Im jealous. Had to spend all day at school and work. Sounds like your day was better.

Michael said:
This weekend included flights to Sedona, Grand Canyon, Flagstaff and Meteor Crater.

Now you're making me homesick...:rofl:

Great pictures and views of the Canyon that I haven't seen in decades...literally. Thanks for the pics.

I finally got back in the air myself. My dad's first trip up in a small plane was today and, by coincidence, we headed to Payson and Sedona. No pics of Payson but Dad got some nice ones of Sedona area.

Michael, we need to hook up again sometime. Saw your post about the motorhome and Fort McDowell but it was already past Sunday!

Brian Austin said:
I finally got back in the air myself. My dad's first trip up in a small plane was today and, by coincidence, we headed to Payson and Sedona. No pics of Payson but Dad got some nice ones of Sedona area.

Michael, we need to hook up again sometime. Saw your post about the motorhome and Fort McDowell but it was already past Sunday!

Those are great Pics Brian. Wasnt it just the greatest day to go flying?? And I couldnt think of a better place to go than Sedona :)
We will hook up again..Im wanting to goto a Cardinals game this year...Maybe I'll start planning that.

Michael said:
Those are great Pics Brian. Wasnt it just the greatest day to go flying?? And I couldnt think of a better place to go than Sedona :)
We will hook up again..Im wanting to goto a Cardinals game this year...Maybe I'll start planning that.
It was an EXCELLENT day to go flying. Winds were light enough that low and slow in the mountains weren't too bad. We dipped down over the top of some canyons a few times, something I won't do with higher winds. A little bumpy below 1000' agl but very smooth above that.

Let me know when you're in town or heading this way. And I'm thinking about a Death Valley trip in November or December. I know you've been there. I'll hit you up for some trip planning pointers.

NickDBrennan said:
Yep - Im jealous. Had to spend all day at school and work. Sounds like your day was better.

I built a work bench in my hanger. I was going to fly when I was done and then the rain started and I decided I did not want to go IFR just to goof off for an hour.

Scott

Brian Austin said:
I finally got back in the air myself. My dad's first trip up in a small plane was today and, by coincidence, we headed to Payson and Sedona.

Next time you fly over the Payson area or in actuality, about 15 miles NE of the airport, there's a neighborhood stuck back in the trees called Cowan Ranch. Wave to my folks for me, will ya? :D 4th house on the left side of the road right on the East Verde River.

Michael, I e-mailed your pics of the meteor crater to my brother in San Diego because he'll be heading out that way for a geology/hiking trip. We both agree your pics are real nice.

Nice PIX and they are making me envious of the South West now that the rains have started yesterday again & will get worse in Pac NW.

The Rutan is a pusher-prop powered airplane but it can glide a little bit.

Got lucky enough to fly night formation (echelon) as its lead with one once during a short break from my initial IFR training back in the early 90s. It was my first sight of a modern canard ship, close on my 8 o'clock no less and it looked pretty spacey with its clean aerodynamic lines in the nav light glow off my SkyHawk's left wingtip... dayamn !

Vivid and unforgettable.

Last edited:
Back