Weekend getaway help

dweyant

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Dan
I need some help.

I'm based out of Georgetown, Texas.

My wife has a birthday coming up in a couple weeks and I'd really like to take her somewhere for the weekend.

She isn't into flowers, jewelry, spas or shopping, which is a good thing, but does complicate trips a bit.

I could use some suggestions of places to go within probably about a two hour flight.

Thanks,

-Dan

If she has some specific interest(s) that you take into consideration (golf, hiking, hot air balloons in East Texas, ...). Galveston is an option as indicated - then a sailboat evening cruise or the Moody Gardens.

Less crowded airspace and a better beach IMO is Port Aransas/Mustang Beach (KRAS).

Another option which is a little closer is Fredericksburg/Gillespie County (T82). There is a diner and the Hangar Hotel at the airport along with the other area attractions.

If the trip is an early birthday and you're willing to go in a different direction and a little farther, the Great Texas Balloon Race is this weekend in/near Longview. http://www.greattexasballoonrace.com/

Or, fly her down to San Marcos (KHYI) and turn her loose at the outlet malls! Oh,nevermind, you said she's not into shopping - very nice feature.

Fredericksburg can also be a good choice.

Fredericksburg can also be a good choice.

Haven't been there in quite a few years but the hangar hotel is pretty nice place. Great place to sit in chair on upper deck and watch the other aircraft.

Plenty of cool things in Fredricksburg, I believe Nimitz museum there and is actually pretty impressive considering it's in hill country of Texas!

Back