Weekend Destinations

evapilotaz

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Drone airspace abuser
I though it would be a interesting running thread on our weekend flying adventures.

For Me.

I'm just going to fly around the patch for a little bit doing T & G. I need to be a little more consistent with my pattern work. That all the flying I'm going to be doing this Saturday. I fly from KCHD Chandler Airport.

A big group (7 planes) flys on weekends to different 100nm or longer day trips. Tomm. the group is doing a 250nm round tripper for a $100 buck hamburger run to northern AZ.

Last week, I participated in my first poker run for "Homes for the Troops". For me, it was 3 states, 7 airports, 32 gallons, and 4.5 hours on the hobbs. I'm guessing the charity could have done better just getting us to donate the $$$ spent on fuel than what they got in donations that day. Only about 20 hands sold since the 3rd annual wasn't widely advertised.
Owls Head Transportation Museum is having a antique and classic motorcycle event August 30-31st. That just might be my next flyout. Another 3 hours on the hobbs. www.ohtm.org @ KRKD, Teller's old hangout.

Sunday morning breakfast run,three or four airplanes.

Its one of those days after a couple days of rain, where I can see blue sky overhead, but I might be looking through fog.

Yeah, I'm not going anywhere: wind 320 degrees at 3 knots <1/4SM, fog, 200 feet overcast, temp 21C (70F), dewpoint 21C (70F), altimeter 30.02

Looks like a good day to go tackle the right wing with my new WashWax All.

I'm trying to find something on the east coast. Something like a cabin/camping area with a strip. I found a few mountain cabins down south that have an airstrip nearby.

Made a trip to Cedar Mills (3T0) with my daughter for breakfast this morning. Good times.

This morning, 2 CTs from Tucson, and 2 CTs from Phoenix met in the middle for breakfast at Marana (KAVQ) 'was like a swarm of mosquitoes.

Me and my Mx mech flew to Walnut Ridge Ar for a burger at the parachute inn. It's a cafe where the main dining area is inside a retired Southwest Airlines 727 airframe. There is a plane museum a rocks throw from the diner as well.

Identifier is KARG.

Fly camping would be cool

Me and my Mx mech flew to Walnut Ridge Ar for a burger at the parachute inn. It's a cafe where the main dining area is inside a retired Southwest Airlines 727 airframe. There is a plane museum a rocks throw from the diner as well.

Identifier is KARG.

HEY! I THINK I HEARD YOU CALLING OUT IN THE PATTERN OVER AT WALNUT RIDGE...

But I went south. Lake Ouchita looks much cooler than it is today ...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-24 at 5.51.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-24 at 5.51.50 PM.png
    760.6 KB · Views: 277

Did you see all the signatures of the pilots and flight attendants who had flown on that Southwest airplane? Many of them have been there and "signed in." Pretty cool.

The Wings of Honor museum is a worthwhile visit, and the FBO has free ice cream for pilots and pax. Nice airport to visit. Take a look at the pictures of all the airplanes back when the airport was a WWII training field.

brian];1537142 said:
HEY! I THINK I HEARD YOU CALLING OUT IN THE PATTERN OVER AT WALNUT RIDGE...

But I went south. Lake Ouchita looks much cooler than it is today ...

attachment.php

We flew in right about 11 am. We flew the GPS approach just for giggles even though we were VFR. On the way back, we lost comm with Mem Ctr and someone else had to relay to us. Seems Mem always has terrible coverage.

Say - I think I heard the warbird (T6 Texan I think) in the air after lunch. I've seen it sitting there and talked with the owner. But I've never seen it in the air... Someday, I need to beg a ride...

Got night current on Saturday night and did breakfast at CXO with the kids and a fellow pilot on Sunday morning. Went for a quick trip around the lake with the kids before do a T&G at SGR on the way home. Few hours on the tach during the blazing hot weekend. Can't wait for it to cool down some...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

this past thursday (I know, technically not the weekend) I took a coworker/first time pax on a flight to find and circle her house. it was a ton of fun and she loved it!

then on saturday, split a flight with another pilot friend for a $100 burger run to KFQD (Rutherfordton NC). there is the 57-Alpha Cafe on the field, tiny little joint with good burgers and some nice planes on the ramp.

on the way back we transitioned over midfield of CLT (Charlotte Douglas) then circled the city. fun stuff!!

Left on Wed. for 6Y9, landed on a new strip on an island in Lake Michigan on the way. Awesome weather going, Crappy weekend weather , flew back Sunday in great weather with a tail wind.
about 5.5 hr. on the hobbs

Where are you all flying this weekend? I'm heading to a fly in at Coolidge AZ airport 20 minutes away from my home airport. Finally the heat has left us in AZ and it should be nice flying weather.

Where are you all flying this weekend?.....

supposed to do 3 full stops tomorrow night to get current then just fly 'where ever' with another pilot bud. will prob circle downtown Charlotte just cause it's fun to do.

Cold front has gone through the area,going to Sebring Fla KSEF ,for breakfast.

No trip this weekend but looking forward to flying from Lakeland KLAL to Daytona Beach next weekend for the air show.

If you are in Utah, here is a nice place to eat......

Great name too....:yes:.....:thumbsup:

http://flyogden.com/food/auger-inn/

Ben, is it really good? I've read quite a batch of mixed reviews. Granted. I could just as easily drive there (flying out of KBTF). Maybe I will try to convince the wife to head up there this weekend.... drive or fly.

Ben, is it really good? I've read quite a batch of mixed reviews. Granted. I could just as easily drive there (flying out of KBTF). Maybe I will try to convince the wife to head up there this weekend.... drive or fly.

I have not been there for a couple of years, but the food was pretty good based on the price.... I also heard the tower was able to give tours on a pop in schedule so maybe the wife would like to see the inside off the tower and watch operations from a controllers point of view...

629-8251 in the cabs landline...

If nothing else I think the name is great ..

Auger-Inn..:yikes:....:)....:D

Back