Web Enabled Cell Phone, posted on the red board too.

Mike said...
Mike Schneider said:
Are any of you using web enabled cell phones or PDA/ Cell Phones to get weather radar (NEXRAD) in flight? I am thinking of getting a PDA/Cell Phone to do just that. A PDA/Cell Phone will give me a larger screen. Any recommendations would be appreciated. www.srh.noaa.gov/wml is a site just for web enabled cell phones. For example: KTLH is NEXRAD in Tallahassee and KFFC is NEXRAD in Atlanta. Thanks in advance. -- Mike
(font set to match us "more senior" folks eye requirements...)

Mike..

I'm not looking to slam, but.. "y'all got ta make them there letters a whole lot biggah before I'm ah able to sees whatch be sayin."

Dakota Duce

"May All Your Flights Be Of Good Weather!"

Mike Schneider said:
Are any of you using web enabled cell phones or PDA/ Cell Phones to get weather radar (NEXRAD) in flight? I am thinking of getting a PDA/Cell Phone to do just that. A PDA/Cell Phone will give me a larger screen. Any recommendations would be appreciated. www.srh.noaa.gov/wml is a site just for web enabled cell phones. For example: KTLH is NEXRAD in Tallahassee and KFFC is NEXRAD in Atlanta. Thanks in advance. -- Mike
Man, I needed a magnifying glass for that.

I use a TREO 650 with Pilot MyCast.

Pilot MyCast does not use the web. It's a custom Java or native application for certain models of cell phones and certain carriers. It requires data service to work, but it doesn't use HTML to go to web sites.

mikea said:
Pilot MyCast does not use the web. It's a custom Java or native application for certain models of cell phones and certain carriers. It requires data service to work, but it doesn't use HTML to go to web sites.
HTML to my knowledge is not used to go to web sites. Browsers read and display HTML (and other codes) on web sites.

My point though was that the Treo 650 is web enabled (and yes, its browser can display HTML).

Back