Weather...

Cas Hoefman

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
CH
No matter what, there is no flying today but this weather is, well, interesting... woke up to a white winter wonderland and sun, then the snow storms started again and now it is a beautiful, clear skies and sunny, winter day again :)

No matter what, there is no flying today but this weather is, well, interesting... woke up to a white winter wonderland and sun, then the snow storms started again and now it is a beautiful, clear skies and sunny, winter day again :)

And where would that be?

Welcome to PoA, BTW.

Welcome. You are not from Indiana. Perfect flying weather here today. Used to call days like this “a perfect model rocket day”.

I'm curious about where the OP is located, too. New England, which has been the snow capital of the country this week (at least of the lower 48), is clear as a bell today. Might have been a little snowy in the mountains overnight though, particularly up in Maine.

This morning started with broken clouds, winds from the southwest at 10-15, then the clouds thickened up, the wind picked up, and the snow started falling along with the temperature. By the time we headed to church it was 1/8 to 1/4 mile vis, heavy snow and winds were 26G44. Got out of church and the snow had stopped but the wind was still going just as strong. Middle of the afternoon the sun came out for a while, then the snow dumped on us again for about an hour and the winds were still as strong. The afternoon the winds have abated a little, 20G34, with a mixture of scattered to broken cloud cover, light snow, intermittent sunshine with temps around 40 so the snow is melting quickly.

Just a normal spring day.

I'm curious about where the OP is located, too. New England, which has been the snow capital of the country this week (at least of the lower 48), is clear as a bell today. Might have been a little snowy in the mountains overnight though, particularly up in Maine.

Also cold as balls today

Didn't see your location the first time. Guess things will be hot there soon.
You didn’t miss it, cleaned up my profile after the comment, didn’t realize there was more, “profile detail” to add.

Snow came back for a few minutes :)

And it should get nice and hot soon, I hope!

Pretty nice weekend in OK. Light thunderstorms rolled through around 4pm today, were gone by 6pm, cooled off nicely for this evening. I don’t think it got much above 70F this weekend. If it weren’t so dry prior to this afternoon, I would have fired up the brush pile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also cold as balls today
Yeah, I saw KSLK was at -29C this morning. That would be pretty cold even for January... for March, it's DAMN cold.

Here, it was a balmy -18C... -1F. But it warmed up all the way to about 18F in the afternoon.

Back