Weather phenomenon

bbchien

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bruce C
Amazing. During the overriding warm front today, we got MUD RAIN. EVERY vehicle outside was covered with brown mud/dust residue.

It was five deep at the carwashes. Mother nature's got some huge lifting device somewhere- but I couldn't find the tornado or whatever that did the lifting!!!

Almost every rain event in Phoenix seemed to be like that. Get enough dust in the air and a nice refreshing rain turns into a mud bath.

Amazing. During the overriding warm front today, we got MUD RAIN. EVERY vehicle outside was covered with brown mud/dust residue.

It was five deep at the carwashes. Mother nature's got some huge lifting device somewhere- but I couldn't find the tornado or whatever that did the lifting!!!
Wow, that sounds like a first! What's up with this crazy weather?????

Speaking of tornadoes, we have found tornado deposits on our farm, like teddy bears and pieces of clothing and parts of houses and pages from books. A strange kind of redistribution of stuff.

We had 12 inches of snow...on the first day of Spring.

I played golf on the first day of Spring. Isn't that what you're supposed to do?

LOL, it's probably some of the dirt from around here. So that's where that dirt goes!!

Mud rain -- that's a new one on me! Imagine being caught without a raincoat.

It happens Bruce. Down here in the southeast we call that pollen. Better a little dirt than covered with hail. Central IL? What time?
When I climbed in the Jeep this morning, I hit the wipers to push the moisture aside. Up until this morning, it was just moisture. Now, we're getting that green powdery junk... pine pollen. It makes mess of cars all over and kills my sinuses. But, the car washes love it.

We had 12 inches of snow...on the first day of Spring.

and about 40NM south, we got just a dusting that was gone by later that afternoon?

Kent, Pete, etc. How are the roads up in Madison? My brother'll be driving down tomorrow if they aren't too bad.

Bruce, sometimes I visit with Dr. Dave by phone or email and express how much I miss being in the beautiful west Texas countryside.

As some compensation, periodically, the west Texas countryside comes to visit. We get a big front from the west, with wind and rain, then all the dust and dirt that was kicked up in the west as the storm front blew through settles on the still-wet cars. They end up encrusted with red gloop.

'Course, Dave's truck is *always* encrusted with red dust.

And it's SNOWING here today. WTH?!! Global warming, where are you...........can't even ferry my student's newly installed and failed STEC30 (no turn co-ordinator) VFR to ALO.

?

Speaking of tornadoes, we have found tornado deposits on our farm, like teddy bears and pieces of clothing and parts of houses and pages from books. A strange kind of redistribution of stuff.

Awwww... it left you presents! :rolleyes:

Take some pictures of that stuff and catalog it, and you'll have a pretty marketable coffee-table book. :D

As far as the "mud rain" goes: raindrops need a core to form around, so there's always some dust... must've just been a lot more dust up there than usual this time.

Back