We signed the papers today

stingray

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Daniel Michaels
Well there were no papers to sign but if there were we would have.

An A&P AI and myself have opened a shop in Grantsburg. Very early stages but everything looks good so far. We found a pilot that has a large hanger that needs a 170B put together mostly just engine and controls. We then get to use the hanger for our business. I then have to rebuild a champ sell the 170B and a Taylorcraft and we can purchase the hanger resonable.

This should be a big help to the Grantsburg airport that has been threatening to close for some time. We will also have fuel as the A&P is bringing his tank along. I really need to start studying now to pass my tests.

Need an annual? We deliver:goofy:

Dan

Hmm... Grantsburg sounds familiar... I think one of my partners in the Aztec has in-laws nearby and a brother in law that flies out of Grantsburg. I remember all the fuss about closing the airport that was bantered about in the local newspaper. Sorry, but I can't think of his name for the life of me.

How nice is the 170B? Same partner also has a 170B which I get a little time in now and then.

Hmm... Grantsburg sounds familiar... I think one of my partners in the Aztec has in-laws nearby and a brother in law that flies out of Grantsburg. I remember all the fuss about closing the airport that was bantered about in the local newspaper. Sorry, but I can't think of his name for the life of me.

How nice is the 170B? Same partner also has a 170B which I get a little time in now and then.

You mean before or after I get done with it?

They had it in for annual many years ago and someone broke in and stole the engine. Cut all wire and controls. The owner bought a new engine but it has been sitting for 8 years now. I am told the 170B was a nice plane so I may really fix it up, hard to say what he wants to do. The faster I get rid of it the faster I get the whole hanger.

Dan

If the engine is off of it, you might consider one of the engine upgrade STC's... a 180hp solves some of the 170B's pucker factor... also, another common mod is to put the stiffer C180 gear legs on it. If you need a pair let me know, I have another friend that has a set for sale.

If the engine is off of it, you might consider one of the engine upgrade STC's... a 180hp solves some of the 170B's pucker factor... also, another common mod is to put the stiffer C180 gear legs on it. If you need a pair let me know, I have another friend that has a set for sale.

Which brakes do they have? This one still has Goodyear.

Dan

Congratulations, My shop has been running me for 10 years now. The specialty shop is the best way to go. Watch out, it could get to big.

Regards, Kevin

Which brakes do they have? This one still has Goodyear.

Dan

I'm pretty sure these are converted to Clevelands. The owner is in Canada fishing for a week, I can check Mon/Tues.

Congratulations, My shop has been running me for 10 years now. The specialty shop is the best way to go. Watch out, it could get to big.

Regards, Kevin

I'm already looking for more places to put planes. I have not even opened the door yet and I'm 12 planes behind.

Dan

Back