We made it to Gaston's

James_Dean

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Eggman
Well, we made it. I decided to take the family on a two week flying vacation. Our first stop was Gaston's, we're down in cottage 67 for those that have been here before. The staff has been great, the cottages are wonderful, and the scenery is amazing - the trees have just started to turn.

I was not prepared for the proximity of the hills to the strip, what an experience! The turf was no problem and as I thought 3200 ft is plenty of room. The only problem I had was that we landed around 5:30 last evening and the sun was right in my eyes on final. Makes for a bit of a pucker factor when those trees are so close.

This place is B-E-A-UTIFUL.

I'll post the pics when we get home.

James Dean

SkyHog said:
I love Gastons.

Did you claim it?

It'll have to wait until we get home, I didn't bring the camera cord for download to the computer.

We're off to the nature trail with the kids!

James Dean

...ask 'em to rent you a movie screen...

James_Dean said:
It'll have to wait until we get home,
James,

When are you leaving. I have to fly the Citabria over to an airport close to Gaston's tomorrow to give some tail wheel training to a fella. Will you be around Friday?

Chip

James_Dean said:
I was not prepared for the proximity of the hills to the strip, what an experience! The turf was no problem and as I thought 3200 ft is plenty of room. The only problem I had was that we landed around 5:30 last evening and the sun was right in my eyes on final. Makes for a bit of a pucker factor when those trees are so close.

James Dean

The next landing there will be MUCH easier. LOL :yes:

Gastons...good times.

James, how long will you be there? If we get the Citabria rigged on Saturday, we might fly down there either Saturday or Sunday.

gibbons said:
James,

When are you leaving. I have to fly the Citabria over to an airport close to Gaston's tomorrow to give some tail wheel training to a fella. Will you be around Friday?

Chip

Chip,

I would love to get together. We're planning on leaving around noon tomorrow, but I don't think we're in any hurry. We're off to Lake Murray State Park in southern Oklahoma for a day or two. From there we're going to San Antonio for a week. Then back to the Lake of the Ozarks for five days.

James Dean

James_Dean said:
Chip,

I would love to get together. We're planning on leaving around noon tomorrow, but I don't think we're in any hurry. We're off to Lake Murray State Park in southern Oklahoma for a day or two. From there we're going to San Antonio for a week. Then back to the Lake of the Ozarks for five days.

James Dean

Let me know when you are going to be at Lake of the Ozarks, thats just a short hop from me. Are you landing at Lee C. Fine or Grand Glaze?

Well, I didn't get to meet James but I did talk to him on the radio as he was leaving and I was arriving. Sorry I was running late. We'll get together next time.

gibbons said:
Well, I didn't get to meet James but I did talk to him on the radio as he was leaving and I was arriving. Sorry I was running late. We'll get together next time.

Chip,

I'm sooooooo sorry that we couldn't stick around. My parents were traveling to our same destination via car and we had to get going. We'll make it back!

James Dean

Dean said:
Let me know when you are going to be at Lake of the Ozarks, thats just a short hop from me. Are you landing at Lee C. Fine or Grand Glaze?

We're going to fly into Lebanon(LBO), we're going to stop to see some relatives there and enterprise will deliver the car to the FBO. We're staying at my parents place at Tan-Tar-A and will be there from 12th to the 16th.

James Dean

Back