We have a family newcomer...

AuntPeggy

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Namaste
10414400_10204766346062433_4114991846199331718_n.jpg

Peggy did you sell the 172 and get a CTLS? I recall a while back you were looking for an LSA. Goofy looking plane but I have to say I really like it.

We bought a new (2009) CTLS. We still have the C-172. Don has flown the Flight Design a few times and brought it home yesterday. The local photographer got that shot (and some others) as Don flew a few more landings at the home drome.

I will be learning how to fly it. Love the way it handles. Will have to learn the glass. I still don't know what to look at.

The hangar in the background is where our 172 is currently living. The newcomer fits in our hangar.

Nice looking airplane. Check out the ct flier web site.

Do not freak out when you see 5000 rpm on the tach.

The latest CTLS is just about my ideal airplane. Unfortunately, it's expensive.

I hope the previous owner took a good care of it. 2014 is the time to change the rubber hoses on a 2009, so perhaps he cunningly pawned it off right before that time :)

BTW, one of local Remoses, N28GX, is at 1945 hours. Seems going strong, but the owner bought a new engine. He said the engine must be overhauled at 2000 hours if used in flight school. It's the same 912ULS engine as 2009 CTLS, so I expect it run that long if maintained.

Not something I would buy, but to each their own.

Congrats.

Looks nice, I hope you have lots of fun with that little guy. Gotta love a plane with a smile on it's face!

Thanks. That is the plan.

Nope. That must be someone else. We never had a LSA before. We never had a wildlife encounter at Sky Acres. We still have the C-172, but I need a LSA because my medical has lapsed.

I got some tailwheel training in a Cub, just long enough to realize that I don't like the Cub. (Sorry, Cub/tailwheel lovers.) Then I decided to come into the 21st century with a glass cockpit. I had to make the case to Hubby that we can afford the payments even after he retires. sigh.

Back