We had a Heat Burst yesterday!

WOW! That's something else. Never heard of one before. Any idea how many minutes your event spanned?

I'm sure that would impact aircraft performance! :yes:

holy matilda - Kopperl TX had one that went up to 144 degrees F!! :eek:

How hot did it get where you were? What all happened?

Wow that is really interesting! I had never heard of that before. Sounds like what happens when you go from your Gaston's cabin to the outside, except the dewpoint goes in the other direction!

I experienced this once at Boulder airport in the afternoon when some thunderstorms over the foot hills collapsed. Wind, heat, and plummeting dewpoint. We were scurrying around making sure gliders were secure. It felt like a being under a giant hair drier set on high. Absolutely amazing.

We had one of these in Wichita Falls back in April 2003, around 10PM at night, that made wind gusts over 80 MPH, and another one in June 2004 around midnight-1AM that made wind gusts over 70 MPH. Both of them were pretty wicked and caused lots of damage: fences,trees and power lines down all over the region. I lost trees, fences, and suffered roof damage on my property in both.

Wow, that's strange! Sounds like it's one of those things that you know has happened!!

Back