We are closer than ever, please contact your representative

Memories of the Germanwings crash may make legislators hesitant to enact a weakening of any aviation-related medical requirements right now.

On the other hand, in the absence of any further sensational revelations about the crash, it may soon be forgotten.

Are there guidelines for AMEs regarding psychological evaluation when performing a 3rd class medical on a pilot?

What do they say?

Obviously if a guy comes in mumbling that he hates life and that he wants to kill himself, that could be grounds for a denial... some things are simply obvious.. but what other criteria is there? How specific does the FAA get? My AME didn't ask me any questions that would indicate that he was evaluating my psychological stability.

What do they say?

Obviously if a guy comes in mumbling that he hates life and that he wants to kill himself, that could be grounds for a denial[. S]ome things are simply obvious.[ B]ut what other criteria [are] there? How specific does the FAA get? My AME didn't ask me any questions that would indicate that he was evaluating my psychological stability.

http://bit.ly/1CGDqfu

Response from Congressman Benishek M.D., something positive!

Dear Mr. JazzBass,

Thank you for contacting me regarding safety regulations for pilots. As your representative, I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.

With nearly sixty airports and airstrips, aviation is an important part of life in Michigan's First Congressional District. As an amateur pilot and frequent flyer from Ford Airport in Dickinson County, I understand the importance of sound aviation policy to Northern Michigan, especially when it affects the transportation of people and goods to, from, and across the First District.

As you know, Representative Sam Graves has introduced H.R. 1062, the Pilot's Bill of Rights 2. This legislation would revise the Third Class Medical classification by allowing pilots to possess a valid driver's license as proof of health and medical certification. I agree with you that H.R. 1062 will help secure the future of the general aviation industry, which is why I've decided to cosponsor this important legislation.

The Pilot's Bill of Rights 2 has been referred to the House committee on Transportation and Infrastructure. While I do not serve as a member of this committee, I will continue to push for consideration of this legislation by the full House of Representatives. In addition, as a member of the General Aviation Caucus please be assured I will keep your thoughts in mind should any legislation relevant to general aviation come before the floor of the House.

Again, thank you for contacting me on this important issue. Should you have any additional concerns or questions, please feel free to visit my website at benishek.house.gov or contact my office at (202) 225-4735.
Sincerely,

Dan Benishek M. D.
Member of Congress

Different response from Senator Stabenow, apparently her aides don't know how to read?

Dear JazzBass,

Thank you for contacting me about the Keystone XL Pipeline project. I understand your concerns.

Our nation's dependence on foreign oil must end. There isn't just one solution to this problem. I strongly support a "do it all" approach that encourages investments in multiple sources of energy, including new and safe domestic oil and gas supplies, as well as critical renewable sources of energy.

I have serious concerns that the oil pumped into our country through the Keystone Pipeline will be shipped to other countries in order to increase oil company profits instead of benefiting American consumers and businesses. It makes no sense to build a costly pipeline through the heartland of our nation in order to lower gas prices for people in other countries. For these reasons, I voted to support the President's veto of a bill approving the Keystone XL Pipeline project.

I will continue to monitor this issue, and I will fight for a resolution that creates new jobs here in the United States, rather than shipping our energy resources overseas.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please continue to keep me informed about issues of concern to you and your family.
Sincerely,
Debbie Stabenow
United States Senator

Response from Congressman Benishek M.D., something positive!

Dear Mr. JazzBass,

Thank you for contacting me regarding safety regulations for pilots. As your representative, I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.

With nearly sixty airports and airstrips, aviation is an important part of life in Michigan's First Congressional District. As an amateur pilot and frequent flyer from Ford Airport in Dickinson County, I understand the importance of sound aviation policy to Northern Michigan, especially when it affects the transportation of people and goods to, from, and across the First District.

As you know, Representative Sam Graves has introduced H.R. 1062, the Pilot's Bill of Rights 2. This legislation would revise the Third Class Medical classification by allowing pilots to possess a valid driver's license as proof of health and medical certification. I agree with you that H.R. 1062 will help secure the future of the general aviation industry, which is why I've decided to cosponsor this important legislation.

The Pilot's Bill of Rights 2 has been referred to the House committee on Transportation and Infrastructure. While I do not serve as a member of this committee, I will continue to push for consideration of this legislation by the full House of Representatives. In addition, as a member of the General Aviation Caucus please be assured I will keep your thoughts in mind should any legislation relevant to general aviation come before the floor of the House.

Again, thank you for contacting me on this important issue. Should you have any additional concerns or questions, please feel free to visit my website at benishek.house.gov or contact my office at (202) 225-4735.
Sincerely,

Dan Benishek M. D.
Member of Congress

Different response from Senator Stabenow, apparently her aides don't know how to read?

Dear JazzBass,

Thank you for contacting me about the Keystone XL Pipeline project. I understand your concerns.

Our nation's dependence on foreign oil must end. There isn't just one solution to this problem. I strongly support a "do it all" approach that encourages investments in multiple sources of energy, including new and safe domestic oil and gas supplies, as well as critical renewable sources of energy.

I have serious concerns that the oil pumped into our country through the Keystone Pipeline will be shipped to other countries in order to increase oil company profits instead of benefiting American consumers and businesses. It makes no sense to build a costly pipeline through the heartland of our nation in order to lower gas prices for people in other countries. For these reasons, I voted to support the President's veto of a bill approving the Keystone XL Pipeline project.

I will continue to monitor this issue, and I will fight for a resolution that creates new jobs here in the United States, rather than shipping our energy resources overseas.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please continue to keep me informed about issues of concern to you and your family.
Sincerely,
Debbie Stabenow
United States Senator

And these IDIOTS are running our country....:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad:

Well not all of Debbie's aides are that stupid, but she's not a sponsor of S. 571 nor do I expect her to become one. My email was fairly long and detailed the many benefits of the bill, not limited to medical reform. Here was her response, unedited:

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting me about medical certification regulations for general aviation pilots. I understand your concerns.

Senator James Inhofe (R-Oklahoma) introduced S.571, the Pilot's Bill of Rights, on February 25, 2015. This bill would eliminate the third-class medical certification requirement for non-commercial, recreational pilots who fly certain small planes. This bill is pending before the Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee. Although I am not a member of this committee, if this bill comes before me for a vote, I will keep your views in mind.

Sincerely,
Debbie Stabenow
United States Senator

I've been in contact with someone in the FAA who has some knowledge of what most in the FAA want to happen. He said that virtually all the "right " people are in favor of changing the third class medical requirements. He feels that the bill in congress is exactly the pressure needed and that it has a good chance of happening at this point. Let's not take the pressure off. If you haven't written in, please do so.

I'm all for reforming the process, but let's not kid ourselves. There is truly no way of knowing how effective the 3rd class medical has been toward making GA safer until after it's been gone for 5 or 10 years. After all, as easy as it may be to pass the exam, 100's of pilots still lose their medical each year. Let all of them keep on flying and after long enough the statistics will tell the story.

Sorry, but you aren't paying attention at all. Glider pilots have never needed a medical. Perhaps you think flying a glider is more facile than a powered aircraft, I disagree. No go arounds with a glider. The rate of mishap from medical incapacitation in gliders is the same as with powered aircraft.

The Sport Pilot regulations don't require a medical to fly those aircraft. Passed well over ten years ago the FAA now has lots of experience with powered aircraft flown without medical examination. Again, the rate of mishap due to medical incapacitation is not higher in the Sport Pilot community than elsewhere. The data is in, and its overwhelming.

Why on Earth do I need a medical inspection to fly a one ton aircraft at car speeds high in the air? People with no medical certification whatsoever drive vehicles much heavier than that within inches of other vehicles and pedestrians!

Sorry, but you aren't paying attention at all. Glider pilots have never needed a medical. Perhaps you think flying a glider is more facile than a powered aircraft, I disagree. No go arounds with a glider. The rate of mishap from medical incapacitation in gliders is the same as with powered aircraft.

The Sport Pilot regulations don't require a medical to fly those aircraft. Passed well over ten years ago the FAA now has lots of experience with powered aircraft flown without medical examination. Again, the rate of mishap due to medical incapacitation is not higher in the Sport Pilot community than elsewhere. The data is in, and its overwhelming.

Why on Earth do I need a medical inspection to fly a one ton aircraft at car speeds high in the air? People with no medical certification whatsoever drive vehicles much heavier than that within inches of other vehicles and pedestrians!

+1, well stated!

The one thing I see in favor of this elimination of the 3rd Class is that the FAA is a large bureaucracy. Bureaucrats work to expand, not contract. They can see what's happening at America's airports as well as we can.

As pilots quit and planes get scrapped, airports will close. There will be less need for the bureaucrats. The bureaucrats don't want to lose their jobs, departments and power. They need more airplanes in the air, not less.

In my view, there are two things that the FAA can reform to either stop the bleeding, or even possibly reverse course.

1. Get rid of the 3rd class medical requirement for non commercial private pilots.
  2. Create a new registration class that is an "Experimental / Factory Built" sort of class. This would allow owners of certified, factory built planes to convert their registration status and have all the same rights and privileges of someone who buys a E/AB plane that they did not build.
The first preserves current pilots that will likely quit and allows access to new potential pilots that might not even apply. The second reduces ownership costs, gets new technology into the fleet faster, creates new industries, innovation and could even inspire folks to take on plane projects.

I think the FAA hoped that LSA and sport pilot would fill these roles. They were wrong and likely see that now. I just hope they act fast, but that is not the traditional FAA way. :(

I operate a vehicle and trailer combination heavier than is required for an aircraft to need a type rating, without any measure of my physical or mental health beyond an eyesight test required every ten years, a few bucks to process the paperwork, and a photograph of me.

FAA can't even get the photograph part right.

But hey. They've got "NexGen" technology that no one can articulate an objective goal for!

Awesome. Always nice to have hig red tracking data to make pretty graphics for CNN to run on a continuous loop for at least a week, of the mid-air.

Anyone else think this bill just died with the mail man's stunt, whether it had any bearing on his case or not? Nobody will vote for this for a while now. Too many brilliant pundits on the boob tube talking about the mental health of pilots again.

Anyone else think this bill just died with the mail man's stunt, whether it had any bearing on his case or not? Nobody will vote for this for a while now. Too many brilliant pundits on the boob tube talking about the mental health of pilots again.

NO, I don't think so!

People said the exact same thing when the Germanwings crash took place, yet the bill has picked up 21 more co-sponsors since then.

NO, I don't think so!

People said the exact same thing when the Germanwings crash took place, yet the bill has picked up 21 more co-sponsors since then.

maybe, maybe not.

Your example is a flying job for which a first class medical is required. The recent clown in question didn't need a medical (or did he have a 3rd class medical?)

otoh - probably most people won't grasp the distinction.

You don't need a medical to fly an ultralight.

I finally got my full reply to my inquiry from Mr. Rubio. Didn't even mention the legislation, not that I'm surprised. At least I heard something from him. I didn't get even an acknowledgement from Mr. Nelson or Mr. Mica. Response below:

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

Thank you for taking the time to write to me to express your concerns. I appreciate hearing your thoughts and I understand how important these issues are to you and many others. As a United States Senator, I will keep your ideas and views in mind while working to promote principles and policies to benefit Floridians and Americans alike.

Please feel free to visit my website at http://rubio.senate.gov where you can sign up to receive my e-newsletter and find useful information about services, issues, and news. You will also find instructions on how to contact me and my office. As your Senator, I am committed to hearing your concerns and opinions, and I welcome any views or input you wish to share with me in the future.

Sincerely,

Marco Rubio
United States Senator
Each week I provide a weekly update on issues in Washington and ways in which my office can assist the people of Florida. Sign up here for updates on my legislative efforts, schedule of events throughout Florida, constituent services and much more.

+1
:yes:

Sen. Durbin replied, didn't say anything negative at least:

Thank you for contacting me about a bill to amend the Pilot’s Bill of Rights (S. 571). I appreciate hearing from you.

Senator James Inhofe of Oklahoma introduced this bill that would expand the third class medical exemption for recreational pilots and allow these pilots to fly under Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) or Visual Flight Rules (VFR) in aircrafts weighing up to to 6,000 pounds. This bill would also allow recreational pilots to carry up to five passengers and fly at altitudes below 14,000 feet.

This legislation has been referred to the Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee. I am not a member of this committee, but I will keep your thought in mind should this bill be considered by the full Senate.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please feel free to stay in touch.

Sincerely,

Richard J. Durbin
United States Senator

I finally got my full reply to my inquiry from Mr. Rubio. Didn't even mention the legislation, not that I'm surprised. At least I heard something from him. I didn't get even an acknowledgement from Mr. Nelson or Mr. Mica. Response below:

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

Thank you for taking the time to write to me to express your concerns. I appreciate hearing your thoughts and I understand how important these issues are to you and many others. As a United States Senator, I will keep your ideas and views in mind while working to promote principles and policies to benefit Floridians and Americans alike.

Please feel free to visit my website at http://rubio.senate.gov where you can sign up to receive my e-newsletter and find useful information about services, issues, and news. You will also find instructions on how to contact me and my office. As your Senator, I am committed to hearing your concerns and opinions, and I welcome any views or input you wish to share with me in the future.

Sincerely,

Marco Rubio
United States Senator
Each week I provide a weekly update on issues in Washington and ways in which my office can assist the people of Florida. Sign up here for updates on my legislative efforts, schedule of events throughout Florida, constituent services and much more.

Comical!! Could a more bland and form-letter-esque reply be written down with pen and paper? I'll tell you this much....I'm very offended at how unoffended I am by that response! :mad2:

Is it too much to ask for a person to take a stance and form An opinion on something? I'm willing to bet that if you emailed him about apples vs oranges, you'd get the EXACT SAME RESPONSE!

EDIT: Admittedly, that made me much more angry than it should have....maybe....probably....maybe not... :dunno:

The one thing I see in favor of this elimination of the 3rd Class is that the FAA is a large bureaucracy. Bureaucrats work to expand, not contract. They can see what's happening at America's airports as well as we can.

As pilots quit and planes get scrapped, airports will close. There will be less need for the bureaucrats. The bureaucrats don't want to lose their jobs, departments and power. They need more airplanes in the air, not less.

In my view, there are two things that the FAA can reform to either stop the bleeding, or even possibly reverse course.

1. Get rid of the 3rd class medical requirement for non commercial private pilots.
  2. Create a new registration class that is an "Experimental / Factory Built" sort of class. This would allow owners of certified, factory built planes to convert their registration status and have all the same rights and privileges of someone who buys a E/AB plane that they did not build.
The first preserves current pilots that will likely quit and allows access to new potential pilots that might not even apply. The second reduces ownership costs, gets new technology into the fleet faster, creates new industries, innovation and could even inspire folks to take on plane projects.

I think the FAA hoped that LSA and sport pilot would fill these roles. They were wrong and likely see that now. I just hope they act fast, but that is not the traditional FAA way. :(

Mmmmm... Cabinet members with control of a bureaucracy want to expand it, bureaucrats would rather shed the duties, same pay, less work, and a bureaucracy would rather shed the expenses that aren't being funded well enough anyway. The cost savings will not be inconsequential.

The reason the FAA exists is to protect the insurance companies from unscrupulous commercial operators, GA is not really on the insurance company radar because the pay outs are so low, and the evidence of the medical producing a financially significant result is not really there. The 3rd class medical for light GA takes from the bottom line, so the chances it disappears are good.

Last edited:
Mmmmm... Cabinet members with control of a bureaucracy want to expand it, bureaucrats would rather shed the duties, same pay, less work, and a bureaucracy would rather shed the expenses that aren't being funded well enough anyway. The cost savings will not be inconsequential.

The reason the FAA exists is to protect the insurance companies from unscrupulous commercial operators, GA is not really on the insurance company radar because the pay outs are so low, and the evidence of the medical producing a financially significant result is not really there. The 3rd class medical for light GA takes from the bottom line, so the chances it disappears are good.

Please elaborate

Please elaborate

Supporting it costs infrastructure money that is not recovered by the result of the process, and the stock market doesn't profit off the waste, therefore it has no reason to exist.

Supporting it costs infrastructure money that is not recovered by the result of the process, and the stock market doesn't profit off the waste, therefore it has no reason to exist.

The same thing can be said about drivers licenses...the point of 1/2/3 medical isn't to generate money...its to set some sort of minimum standard. I'm not saying this because I disagree; just simply stating a point.

The same thing can be said about drivers licenses...the point of 1/2/3 medical isn't to generate money...its to set some sort of minimum standard. I'm not saying this because I disagree; just simply stating a point.

Exactly, and my drivers license is good for 10 years and renews online. But Drivers Licenses generate revenue for the bureaucracy, Airman Medicals do not.

The standards are there to make sure the insurance company actuaries are working with valid assumptions when they determine premiums, that is the entire purpose of the FAA.

EVERYTHING in America is about money.

Last edited:
Exactly, and my drivers license is good for 10 years and renews online. But Drivers Licenses generate revenue for the bureaucracy, Airman Medicals do not.

The standards are there to make sure the insurance company actuaries are working with valid assumptions when they determine premiums, that is the entire purpose of the FAA.

EVERYTHING in America is about money.

...Mine is good for 5, and someone living in Arizona is good for 50. Some would argue that $100 in the hands of Dr. Bob and not Mr. Bob (from the FAA) would be better for the economy. Since everything in america is about money.

My response from Sherrod Brown. Three weeks after I sent him an email. Didn't seem as canned.

The Pilot’s Bill of Rights 2 would eliminate the medical certificate requirement for private pilots flying small aircraft. The bill would also limit the ability of the Federal Aviation Agency (FAA) to request documents from those under investigation and would allow pilots filing an appeal to bring FAA enforcement cases against pilots, mechanics, or corporate certificate holders to the federal district court instead of before the National Transportation Safety Board. This legislation was introduced in February and has been referred to the Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee.

Thank you again for reaching out to me on this matter. Should this bill or related legislation come before the Senate, I will keep your thoughts in mind.

Sincerely,

Sherrod Brown
United States Senator

Dear Mr. DFH65,

Thank you for taking time to contact me regarding your support for S. 571, The Pilot's Bill of Rights 2, introduced by Senator Inhofe. I welcome feedback from my constituents, and I appreciate your interest in this issue.

The Pilot's Bill of Rights 2 builds upon S. 1335, Pilot's Bill of Rights, which was signed into law by President Obama on August 2, 2012. This legislation would take away the requirement for a medical certificate for many private pilot flights in small aircraft. I support this part of the legislation because the data has shown that the cost of administering these certificates has not delivered a meaningful safety benefit and has cost pilots millions of dollars every year. However, I am concerned with other parts of this legislation that would limit the FAA's ability to request documents from entities under investigation or allowing appeals of FAA enforcement cases to be heard in federal district courts instead of exclusively by the National Transportation Safety Board who are experts in aviation safety.

Thank you again for writing to express your concerns, and I hope that you keep in touch with my office regarding future legislation. For more information on this and other important issues, please visit my website at http://gillibrand.senate.gov and sign up for my e-newsletter.

Sincerely,
Kirsten Gillibrand
United States Senator

Dear Mr. DFH65,

Thank you for taking time to contact me regarding your support for S. 571, The Pilot's Bill of Rights 2, introduced by Senator Inhofe. I welcome feedback from my constituents, and I appreciate your interest in this issue.

The Pilot's Bill of Rights 2 builds upon S. 1335, Pilot's Bill of Rights, which was signed into law by President Obama on August 2, 2012. This legislation would take away the requirement for a medical certificate for many private pilot flights in small aircraft. I support this part of the legislation because the data has shown that the cost of administering these certificates has not delivered a meaningful safety benefit and has cost pilots millions of dollars every year. However, I am concerned with other parts of this legislation that would limit the FAA's ability to request documents from entities under investigation or allowing appeals of FAA enforcement cases to be heard in federal district courts instead of exclusively by the National Transportation Safety Board who are experts in aviation safety.

Thank you again for writing to express your concerns, and I hope that you keep in touch with my office regarding future legislation. For more information on this and other important issues, please visit my website at http://gillibrand.senate.gov and sign up for my e-newsletter.

Sincerely,
Kirsten Gillibrand
United States Senator

Hmm..

I assume this Gillibrand congress critter is a Democrat .:dunno:...:rolleyes2:

Hmm..

I assume this Gillibrand congress critter is a Democrat .:dunno:...:rolleyes2:

She was a very conservative pro-gun Democrat when she started out in Northern NY. Then when she went to National politics Chucky Schumer sunk his fangs into her and explained that if she wanted to stay in the Senate she better tow the liberal line and since then she has gone off the deep end. Her excuse is now she no longer represents rural NY but all of NY. (Where is that vomit icon)

She was a very conservative pro-gun Democrat when she started out in Northern NY. Then when she went to National politics Chucky Schumer sunk his fangs into her and explained that if she wanted to stay in the Senate she better tow the liberal line and since then she has gone off the deep end. Her excuse is now she no longer represents rural NY but all of NY. (Where is that vomit icon)

Vomit icon coming up,,,,,,

:skeptical::skeptical::skeptical:

Dear Mr. DFH65,

Sincerely,
Kirsten Gillibrand
United States Senator

Wow, this sent or is actualy saying they are concerned about maintaining government control and avoiding constitutional constraints built into our constitution citing the ntsb should maintain power essentially because they know best! Ugh, I am so tired of this parental style government that thinks they know better than the citizens they are elected to govern. Free country?, I don't think so.

Wow, this sent or is actualy saying they are concerned about maintaining government control and avoiding constitutional constraints built into our constitution citing the ntsb should maintain power essentially because they know best! Ugh, I am so tired of this parental style government that thinks they know better than the citizens they are elected to govern. Free country?, I don't think so.

Exactly what "constitutional constraints" are being avoided here?

Exactly what "constitutional constraints" are being avoided here

The Individual quote I was referring to regarded the statement about the NTSB maintaining the prosecutorial power with pilots that the Bill seeks to eliminate. The alternative would be the judicial system our founders intended with all its protection. When our elected government officials seek to prevent pilots from having the same due process as in any other area of law which we are entitled to it seems to me an infringement on the ideals set forth in the constitution.

The Individual quote I was referring to regarded the statement about the NTSB maintaining the prosecutorial power with pilots that the Bill seeks to eliminate. The alternative would be the judicial system our founders intended with all its protection. When our elected government officials seek to prevent pilots from having the same due process as in any other area of law which we are entitled to it seems to me an infringement on the ideals set forth in the constitution.

Interesting...the quote I read related to the appeal of FAA enforcement actions to Federal district courts as opposed to the NTSB. FAA enforcement actions are civil, not criminal. With that in mind, and assuming we read the same quote, I ask again: what part of the constitution guarantees the right to judicial review of a civil administrative enforcement action?

I just received this from my "Elected Employee";

Dear Mr. Dillard,

Thank you for contacting me in support of H.R.1062, the Pilot's Bill of Rights 2, introduced by Rep. Sam Graves (R-MO).As a member of the House General Aviation Caucus, I understand how important air travel is to Middle Tennessee's pilots and economy, and I appreciate hearing from you on this issue.

Since coming to Congress, I have been proud to support legislation that removes unnecessary red tape and makes it easier for professional pilots to do their job and for recreational flyers to pursue their passion. In 2011, I joined my colleagues in the House in unanimously passing the original Pilot's Bill of Rights, and last Congress, I was proud to vote for the Small Plane Revitalization Act of 2013. This law eliminated outdated FAA regulations for small aircraft and made it easier for manufacturers to produce safer, modern airplanes for today's pilots.

As your Representative, I have also heard from many private pilots in Middle Tennessee who are concerned with the FAA's Third Class Medical Certificate requirement, which forces recreational fliers to undergo compulsory physical examinations to attest to their health.That is why I am a cosponsor of H.R. 1086, the General Aviation Pilot Protection Act, introduced by Rep. Todd Rokita (R-IN). Instead of having to undergo the FAA's current burdensome Third Class Medical process, this commonsense legislation would let private pilots use a valid driver's license as proof of health, the same standard the FAA has used for sport pilots.

As you may know, the Pilot's Bill of Rights 2 aims to expand the protections given to aviators under the original Pilot's Bill of Rights, including givingprivate pilots relief from the Third Class Medical requirement. In addition, this legislation would also make a number of changes to the way the FAA conducts its investigations and enforces current law. I support removing unnecessary hurdles and outdated regulations that make flying more difficult for pilots, but I also believe that some of the provisions in this bill – such as those that affect the ability of U.S. Customs and Border Patrol agents to search international flights – should be thoroughly examined before being passed.

Currently, the Pilot's Bill of Rights 2 is pending before the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee as well as the Judiciary Committee. While I do not serve on either of these committees, I look forward to reviewing my colleagues' analysis of this legislation, and should it come to the House floor for a vote, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind. Rest assured, I will continue to support policies that keep the aviation community free from over-burdensome federal regulationwhile maintaining high safety standards.

Sincerely,
G1liCeK16CsYm1-JMQF9xFoMPbdkUwHchymejT8Oy9bekQWCjQzFU9cICGaQK2HJod27zGGt1VWanrm8Bi8eXtF_yfKDvShso-Svyy9yrS7ztNpWDL4=s0-d-e1-ft

Diane Black
Member of Congress

It seems her staff is knowledgeable about this.

Interesting...the quote I read related to the appeal of FAA enforcement actions to Federal district courts as opposed to the NTSB. FAA enforcement actions are civil, not criminal. With that in mind, and assuming we read the same quote, I ask again: what part of the constitution guarantees the right to judicial review of a civil administrative enforcement action?

Appearantly I didn't read it carefully and you are right, it's civil. My point really is about an overbearing federal government that intrudes in too much of our daily lives. It seemed from that particular response that was recieved the senator was more interested in keeping government controls than acknowledging our rights. I overstated the constitutional issue, thankyou for pointing it out.

Back