WD 4 TB drive for $80

Amazon must not like me. It comes up at $98.95 on my prime account.....? Am I missing something?...I'm on it at $80.

Jim

Amazon must not like me. It comes up at $98.95 on my prime account.....? Am I missing something?...I'm on it at $80.

Jim
I see difference.... the $99 one is the "portable" version...

The $80 is the "desktop"

upload_2018-4-10_15-44-14.png

Yup... I thought it maybe cause I was using WannFly's link, but I can open AZ in another window and search, and it comes up the same. Electrons work in mysterious ways :)

Jim

Yup... I thought it maybe cause I was using WannFly's link, but I can open AZ in another window and search, and it comes up the same. Electrons work in mysterious ways :)

Jim
Amazon started hating me now.... when I clicked WannFly's link after reading what you wrote in post #8, price shown to me is $98.95

Be very wary. Amazon now sells used parts relabeled as new.
You pay through your nose for a new HDD and when it arrives on your doorstep, it is obviously old and used and when you query the stats, it shows hundreds of thousands of hours of up time.
So check the reviews for a particular item. If you see negative reviews pointing out used drives being re-labeled as new, stay away, that seller is a scammer and Vamazon lets them (because they make money off their scam).
You have been fore-warned.

I am going to chime in and say it’s not my fault. I have used this phrase before but didn’t work, just ask my ex.

The deal was while supply last, so may be they upped the price after I posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And now it shows $103.80 for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be very wary. Amazon now sells used parts relabeled as new.
You pay through your nose for a new HDD and when it arrives on your doorstep, it is obviously old and used and when you query the stats, it shows hundreds of thousands of hours of up time.
So check the reviews for a particular item. If you see negative reviews pointing out used drives being re-labeled as new, stay away, that seller is a scammer and Vamazon lets them (because they make money off their scam).
You have been fore-warned.
Not just hard drives. I've had other merchandise come the same way.

And my experience with WD drives like that has been very poor. I had two burn out - literally, like scotch marks on the circuit boards inside.

Got a similar one (4 GB) at Sam's Club a couple years back. Think I paid around a C-note for it then.

I hope it was TB or you really got ripped off.

And now it shows $103.80 for me

Welcome to the joys of Amazon Marketplace and data driven pricing. The first cheap price was probably a completely different seller.

The Amazon engine will a) show you products from the next available seller if the first went out of stock, and b) sometimes it’ll even up the prices on something popular all of a sudden.

The one that drives us batty at work is we have to hunt through the sellers and guess at which one is not illegally selling into the City and County of Denver without collecting their stupid city taxes. City auditors doing a routine audit got all sorts of cranky last year that Amazon purchases for the business didn’t have their precious money withheld for them.

If it’s software or a service, no tax. If it’s capital expenditure, tax. We had to go back through all the Amazon IT purchases for a couple of years and figure out which ones were hardware and all their prices. The CSV download of transactions helped.

Not a single Denver suburb has that crap. Just the mind-blowingly overcrowded suck-hole of the City and County. I have no idea why the office isn’t moved by the owner five miles east to a suburb that actually wants businesses.

Back