[WC]Wow!! Italy!!

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
Incredible Italy has made it to the cup finals upsetting the Germans. I am really hoping now for France to win tomorrow against Portugal as that will set up a great final!!

smigaldi said:
Incredible Italy has made it to the cup finals upsetting the Germans. I am really hoping now for France to win tomorrow against Portugal as that will set up a great final!!

Well, no matter who the final two are, I didn't pick them ;)

Frankly, France were shaky, almost didn't qualify from their group - the Italians have now pulled it out in the dying moments twice - once against Australia on a dubious penalty decision, and then in the last minute of extra time against the Germans. The Germans had been playing nice football, but as is always the way - you have to score to win...England finally found this out ;)

Portugal I think will not be able to overcome the French - But they will have Deco and Constantihno back in the line up, so I would expect to see them be much more productive in the midfield than they were against England.

Of course, if they do reach the final, Scolari stands to be the only coach to ever win the WC with two different countries...

Well i didnt see this coming but im VERY happy about this outcome. I think they will take it all the way now. I dont see either France or Portugal beating them. The only thing that has kept Italy in this is their incredible defense. Watching Italy play this cup has been a hair pulling!!! I have been upset with their style of play but with some luck and good defense it has got them there.

GO ITaly!!!

Frank Browne said:
Stretch...yawn....

Time to go hit the coffee pot. :D

Frank whats your address, im sending you an Italy jersey and come sunday you can go to your local pub and watch the game :goofy: :p

Darrell111 said:
Frank whats your address, im sending you an Italy jersey and come sunday you can go to your local pub and watch the game :goofy: :p

hehe When I go to the pub the only thing I watch is the bottom of the glass! :eek:

Unless of course there is some kind of motorcycle racing on. B)

Frank Browne said:
hehe When I go to the pub the only thing I watch is the bottom of the glass! :eek:

Unless of course there is some kind of motorcycle racing on. B)

All im saying Frank is you should find a nice pub to visit on Sunday. You will get a hint of the fun that the world cup offers. Crazyness will surround you ;)

I don't follow soccer, but I hope Italy does well. We will ride our Guzzis for the rest of the week for good luck.

Well today should also be a good match, France vs. Portugal. I am rooting for France, got tired of watching Portugal win the Euro2004 match when I was in France a couple of years ago. Also I like a couple of the French players and it would be nice to Zinedine Zidane go out with a win.

smigaldi said:
Well today should also be a good match, France vs. Portugal. I am rooting for France, got tired of watching Portugal win the Euro2004 match when I was in France a couple of years ago. Also I like a couple of the French players and it would be nice to Zinedine Zidane go out with a win.

I cant STAND Portugal :mad: !!! Talk about some Diving SOB's.. I hope they get stomped out!!

Darrell111 said:
I cant STAND Portugal :mad: !!! Talk about some Diving SOB's.. I hope they get stomped out!!

Agree. I was soo glad last WC when Korea kicked their butt and we advanced out of group play. I was in Macua (former Portuguese colony) in a bar with a lot of Portugal fans. They were not too happy, I even tried to buy the bar a round of drinks and they would not take them from me. Sore loosers!!

smigaldi said:
Agree. I was soo glad last WC when Korea kicked their butt and we advanced out of group play. I was in Macua (former Portuguese colony) in a bar with a lot of Portugal fans. They were not too happy, I even tried to buy the bar a round of drinks and they would not take them from me. Sore loosers!!

Well if they upset the French and then the Italians then i too will be a sore loser because i just dont wana see them win GRRRRRRR

Back