Waukesha, WI flight training?

TampaLinc

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Lincoln
Moving from MO to WI in the next week.

Looking for a place to finish my Private Pilot. I am to the point of preparing for my check ride.

Most of my training has been in the flight schools Piper Archer III (PA-28-181).

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Wisconsin Aviation at KUES is a structured place and they have many flight schools and planes around the south eastern Wisconsin. So if planes or runways are unavailable at KUES, you could probably go to another nearby field. But they also seem very , um , well like there are a lot of extra rules.

There’s an independent CFI operating out of Brookfield Aero/ Capital Drive airport 02C who uses a Cherokee 140 for training. 02C has a great vibe and I often find “the crew” sitting at a table eating donuts and talking flying.

The gang at spring street aviation at Timmerman field (KMWC) were pleasant and friendly. I felt there was less “contrived“ rules at Timmerman versus Waukesha. They had an incident in the past 10 years which has hurt their reputation, but I thought it was media-hype misunderstanding how maintenance on airplanes was logged.

If you don’t mind a short drive, CubAir in Hartford is excellent. I believe they have an Archer, as well as a 150 in addition to the Cubs they are well known for. Just did a TW endorsement with them and would highly recommend them.

Back