Watertown Wisconsin

EHITCH

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Elizabeth
Anyone been to the Steakfire restaurant near KRYV in Watertown, Wisc? It looks to be the only place near the airport that's not a chain. No listings on Airnav for other restaurants, but if anyone has suggestions I'd be glad to hear them.
Elizabeth

EHITCH said:
Anyone been to the Steakfire restaurant near KRYV in Watertown, Wisc? It looks to be the only place near the airport that's not a chain. No listings on Airnav for other restaurants, but if anyone has suggestions I'd be glad to hear them.
Elizabeth
I think Steakfire is a chain, too. I've never been there but I gather they hand you a raw steak and you grill it yourself.

The other restaurants are a Perkins and a Culvers for butterburgers and ice cream. Both are worthwhile.

My hangar neighbors and I have been known to fly in just for the Perkins. They will give a discount for pilots who present a coupon you can get at the FBO.

BTW, Wisconsin Aviation there has a great idea: Grab a postcard addressed to the mayor and tell him you flew in and why. The mayor told them he had no idea how much money came from the airport. Shortly after he got flooded with postcards from pilots who stopped to refuel on the way to Oshkosh.

Last edited:
I am not a big eater of meat so I have not been. I usually stop at the Perkins for a salad. But the SteakFire is well spoken of by people I know who have stopped.

If you are looking for a fly in steak KPDC is another place to consider. Acrross the street from the airport is a nice Supper Club that I am told also has a nice steak, I opted for fish fry.

Elizabeth,
Leslie and I head to Steakfire at least a couple of times a year and love it. Good steaks at a reasonable price. I think it's about $18 for anything from a ribeye to one of the thickest filet mignons I've seen. They also do a nice salad presentation.

I don't think they are a chain. Their website is at http://www.steakfire.com/. Note that they will cook your steak for you for $1.00 if you don't want to do it yourself. They also have things beside steak if you're not in the mood.

Back