Water Ditch near JFK

Sure, I'm glad everyone is ok, but you should listen to the ATC feed...

This guy is a bonehead and an eyesore to GA.
Sorry this sort of stuff just erks me...
Based on the tape, I'd say it's pretty clear it was intentional.

http://www.liveatc.net/recordings.php

BTW, when you name the LLC that will own your plane, think about how it will sound in the press if something happens. "Plane Nonsense, Inc."? Oy.

Sure, I'm glad everyone is ok, but you should listen to the ATC feed...

This guy is a bonehead and an eyesore to GA.
Sorry this sort of stuff just erks me...
Based on the tape, I'd say it's pretty clear it was intentional.

http://www.liveatc.net/recordings.php

It sure sounds that way from the recording... especially after him asking if he could land on the beach. Then, he mentions engine roughness as the reason... then, changes his story to a sick passenger... The Administrator will have fun with this one.

What was with the "Rojahhhhhhhhh"?

Probably just being silly like half his other transmissions.

It sure sounds that way from the recording... especially after him asking if he could land on the beach. Then, he mentions engine roughness as the reason... then, changes his story to a sick passenger... The Administrator will have fun with this one.

Yep can't disagree.

Ya think it was hard to land with all of the whooping and high-fiving with the passengers?

What? I have to register? Screw that.

Audio attached...

Attachments

• Piper 32ND-Beach-Landing.mp3
    824 KB · Views: 99
That was worth registering for. I couldn't even fathom that someone could be so stupid without actually hearing it.

Not only does he do something highly illegal in some of the world's busiest airspace, he tells ATC he's doing it. Brilliant!

I hope EMS sends him the bill for all the helicopters, fire trucks and ambulances that responded.

That transcript was just too weird.

At least this was a stupid pilot trick with no body count.

What a f*cking moron. How did that idiot get his ticket? I seriously hope he gets more than just his ticket revoked. This guy needs some serious fine and (probably not his bird) restitution to the owner. Finally 30 days, minimum, in the pokey would probably be warranted for endangering people on the beach. Assuming there were people on the beach, of course.

NY Daily News said:
The airhead pilot who splashed down on a Rockaways beach Monday night landed a slew of one-liners before his dramatic descent.

"Just let us know if we're up in your grill," Jason Maloney, 24, radioed to air-traffic controllers, according to an audio recording that emerged Tuesday.

In the recording, the blathering flyboy quips to flight officials as he joyrides over the city Monday night minutes before his emergency landing.

alg_plane_crashed.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local..._joking_to_jfk_air_traffic_contro.html?r=news

If it were a lake it would not seem so bad,,,, But, SALT WATER.:hairraise::hairraise::hairraise::hairraise:

I'm guessing lots of daddy's cash has kept rojaaaaah out of trouble -- til now.

"I'm a paramedic"?????

So, what?

Exactly I mean what the hell was that?

I'm wondering whether this guy was just a total show off Hey I'm a pilot I'm cool idiot or stoned. I mean I have heard lots of bone heads on the air but this guy was just king of them all.

:hairraise:

I have no words!!

This is roughly 5 miles from where I live. I fly this corridor personally... This guy is an idiot!

"Rogahhhhh"

Hate that. This guy is such an idiot. Has the entirely wrong attitude about flying. I hope he never flies again. Ever. Weird part about hearing this is I fly a "Warrior 2ND".

Last edited:
"I'm a paramedic"?????

So, what?

He asked whether he could land on the beach. The controller told him that he could only do that in an emergency. I understood his paramedic remark to mean that he was trying to justify his beach landing by fixing some sort of emergency (the puking passenger presumably).

Last edited:
"Rogahhhhh"

Hate that. This guy is such an idiot. Has the entirely wrong attitude about flying. I hope he never flies again. Ever. Weird part about hearing this is I fly a "Warrior 2ND".

So what the heck were you doing up in New YorK? :wink2:

Why would anyone spend so much time, money, and effort to get a ticket and then do this?
I never even imagined that anyone could be so incredibly stupid.
When they yank his ticket, I'll be happier with the knowledge that the only thing between him and myself/pax isn't the "big sky theory."

Back