Watching the shuttle orbit the earth

EHITCH

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Elizabeth
I'm watching a live webcast of the shuttle orbiting the earth. It is so AWESOME! Available at nasa.gov, nasa tv.

Elizabeth

Of course the minute I posted that, I went back to the webcast and they had switched to a feed from mission control. But try again later, there are some great views of planet earth.

EHITCH said:
Of course the minute I posted that, I went back to the webcast and they had switched to a feed from mission control. But try again later, there are some great views of planet earth.

Great to see the shuttle up again ! I guess they must have just dip sticked the fuel tank with the errant guage or something ?

...now, how big is THAT Fuel Hawk?

EHITCH said:
I'm watching a live webcast of the shuttle orbiting the earth. It is so AWESOME! Available at nasa.gov, nasa tv.

Elizabeth

Yes, it IS awesome... been "listening" all day in the background while I work.

4:43 EDT: They just told the Shuttle Crew that the ascent imagery team detected two "anomalies" or "observations" involving "debris events" during the ascent, near the time of SRB (solid rocket booster) separation. One was detected by radar, the other by the camera on the external tank. They said the events do not change the crew's plans for tomorrow. The video team is meeting to further analyze the data and will discuss it with the crew when they awake in the morning. The shuttle crew is getting ready to go to bed right now.

I watched the lift off. Never gets dull. It's already starting up, the media is reporting "grave concern" or "possibly disturbing news" WRT debris affecting shuttle re-entry.

Back