Watches In the Cockpit (photos)

Gruen Pan American passed down from my Great Grandfather, still keeping great time.

Attachments

• 12D0BA22-5862-458C-817A-13324A7E3F69.jpeg
    12D0BA22-5862-458C-817A-13324A7E3F69.jpeg
    194.7 KB · Views: 43
Would have rather had a pic from a club 172, but work will have to do:A289D057-ACD8-4474-81F3-F9EAAF0EE7F0.jpeg

I normally wear my Casio for flying (see my first post), but yesterday I was going up for some pattern work and a little local meandering, so just for grits and shins I took along my Blue Angels Citizen Skyhawk. This was my retirement gift from LockMart back in February. Come to think of it, this is the first time it's gone for a flight.

Pic taken over the tiny burg of Groveland, FL, which has a small ultralight field known locally as "Groveland International." ;)

upload_2021-11-9_15-39-48.png

Good enough for Neil Armstrong good enough for me (although they've made a lot of varieties of the Speedmaster. Wore this one for 3/4 of my Navy career and I wore out the metal band so this NATO band is in the official RAF colors.

39sDGU7.jpg

That’s a beautiful watch, Pugs.

I like your Toby, too. Did you get it from an auction at Archbury? ;)

Good enough for Neil Armstrong good enough for me (although they've made a lot of varieties of the Speedmaster. Wore this one for 3/4 of my Navy career and I wore out the metal band so this NATO band is in the official RAF colors.
Very nice. Is that a standard Speedmaster Reduced ?

Very nice. Is that a standard Speedmaster Reduced ?
. I believe it is. I've never cared for the giant watches.

That’s a beautiful watch, Pugs.

I like your Toby, too. Did you get it from an auction at Archbury? ;)
. I don't actually remember where it came from except it was the UK. The internet blurs lines like that!

. I believe it is. I've never cared for the giant watches.
Since the indexes at 3 and 6 o'clock aren't the same length as all the others I can tell it's the smaller model.

Since the indexes at 3 and 6 o'clock aren't the same length as all the others I can tell it's the smaller model.

Cool! I'm more familiar with the variants of Colt Woodsmans than my watches. :D

Back