Watch out clouds here I come...

ChemGuy

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
ChemGuy
IA check ride passed today. Finally.
After 1.5 years of inching forward with schedule conflicts, CFII's with hearts that can't take my mad flying skillz :D, and massive weather delays in the last 2 months. I'm finally done.

I appreciate all th help you guys have been in reading the threads on hear. Lots of questions answers and useful pointers. Especially about cole slaw.

I'm also sitting at KRHP waiting on a friend to arrive and fly me home. As I lost a mag somewhere on the check ride. What a perfect end.

At least the mag had enough sense to fail after the ride was done.

Oh well, it's only money.

Congratulation :D Now you can really fly. I've always felt that the initial PPL is borderline useless if you want to do any real flying... You know in the real world where there is weather that happens unexpectedly...

Enjoy your new found freedom.

Congrats,it's a good rating to have,now go fly.

Turned out to be a grounding problem somewhere in the switch / wiring.
With p-lead removed it ran fine.

Now it's time to really learn this IFR thing.

Huge accomplishment! Congratulations.

thanks all.
Nearly failed on approach one. ILS 5L at TYS. It was bumpy and as I hit the CDI/VLOC on the 430w my other finger tapped the nav freq flip flop. I ahd nav 2 (KX 155) tuned and id'd and knew something wasn't right on nav 1. The needles were wrong. Took about 3 glances to see the issue and tap the freq button about 1mi - ok maybe less :D- from the FAF. Whew.

Waiting to hear why the mag grounded out.
Planning to fly to S MI in a few weeks to see family. After getting stuck a couple times VFR back here in the east I have been waiting for the IR to really travel.

Last edited:
Back