Washing airplanes price

Engine

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Engine
I had a conversion with a couple of guys in the hangar today about how much would it cost to wash a Cessna Caravan. No one really specialized at washing planes so I thought I'd bring this here. So, anyone know what would be a typical price to wash a Cessna Caravan (on floats)?

Thanks in advance

Figure a few hundred bucks minimum. Lots of area, much unreachable without stands and equipment. I've watched our crew wash numerous box-haul caravans on wheels, not interested in learning that trade. Our deal was easier than most, since they brought the planes to our wash trailer at the hangar and the stands are stored by the door.

Last week they washed an Albatross. Big mutha, but they got lucky when a nice rain provided the final rinse.

I had a conversion with a couple of guys in the hangar today about how much would it cost to wash a Cessna Caravan. No one really specialized at washing planes so I thought I'd bring this here. So, anyone know what would be a typical price to wash a Cessna Caravan (on floats)?

Thanks in advance

Being as how I have actually cleaned a Caravan, I would not do it for less than 4-5 hundred. If you really want it cleaned, its an all day job. It really depends on how dirty it is also.

I usually get about $200 for wash and wax Mooney 201.
I guess you could extrapolate from there.

I'll do it for an hour of stick time... for another half hour i will paint a shark's mouth on it. :D

Would you consider relocating to Dallas? I have a hell of a deal for you.

I'll do it for an hour of stick time... for another half hour i will paint a shark's mouth on it. :D

Figure a few hundred bucks minimum. Lots of area, much unreachable without stands and equipment. I've watched our crew wash numerous box-haul caravans on wheels, not interested in learning that trade. Our deal was easier than most, since they brought the planes to our wash trailer at the hangar and the stands are stored by the door.

Last week they washed an Albatross. Big mutha, but they got lucky when a nice rain provided the final rinse.

Stands and equipment, you mean a ladder hose and soap/degreasser??

We have our guys wash the thing every few weeks, takes then a few hours.

Back