Was I too blunt?

I’ve been on a few flights like that. In one case the stench was overpowering. I didn’t know it was possible for someone stink that bad.

Not at all, seems especially with some eastern cultures there is some religious thing about smelling like a pile of rotten onions, which is fine if you’re into that sort of thing, just don’t subject others to your....”culture” lol

Nice subliminal message

I had a similar problem on a recent Delta flight. Except it was the woman behind me that must have bathed in cheap perfume. I asked to be moved but there was not a single empty seat on the plane.

Never had a situation like that in the Bonanza.

I’ve been on a few flights like that. In one case the stench was overpowering. I didn’t know it was possible for someone stink that bad.

Me too, except I was the pilot taking the eskimo home after they came out of their fish camp. Unbelievable someone alive could smell that bad.

BTDT-Baghdad to Germany in a C-17 in June with a company of Marines straight out of the field. Oh yeah, and the HUMVEE leaked diesel the whole way. ****ed off the aircrew.

I've also done the commercial flight from Kuwait that hurt my eyes.

Surprisingly, the commercial flight from Kiev to Dnepropetrovsk with the goats and chickens in the back didn't smell bad at all.

Lost my sense of smell years ago. Which can be a good thing when flying the airlines.

Personally I don’t think it was blunt enough.

Flew to Germany last year in the A380.
I will never forget the breath of the French guy sitting next to me. I'm surprised the pilots didn't declare an emergency.

Personally I don’t think it was blunt enough.

Problem is, what does the airline do? Can you imagine the uproar if they prevent a passenger from boarding due to smell?

Tim

Can you imagine the uproar if they prevent a passenger from boarding due to smell?

If a passenger smelled strongly of alcohol they can be denied boarding. And yes, I have seen those people get all bent out of shape.....:lol::lol:

If a passenger smelled strongly of alcohol they can be denied boarding. And yes, I have seen those people get all bent out of shape.....:lol::lol:

Yes, but I was making reference to the unwashed smells, garlic and other fragrances besides fermentation.

Yes, but I was making reference to the unwashed smells, garlic and other fragrances besides fermentation.

Sometimes I think a garlic smell would be an improvement.. ..

Yes, some societies for some reason do not use deodorant or anti-perspirants, and todays world seems to think we need to be tolerant of that.

I try not to bash businesses for stuff that just isn't under their control. Isn't fair.

I once hiked in the Canadian Rockies for a week, and didn't emerge until it was time to get on the airplane. To call me ripe would have been an understatement, but there was little I could do. I did feel bad for those around me and apologized profusely, for all the good that did.

Back