Display name:
VictorValencia
Be sure to order your tickets online. I waited in line for over an hour to
get in today. THE slowest ticket lines on earth. Literally
hundreds of people waiting in line at once. Waited in 1 line
for 30 minutes only to have the line close so I had to
start over at the end of another line. I tried to order
online using my iPad while I was in the regular line but
the cell reception was so poor I could not complete the order.
Many others were having the same issue.

Also park as close as possible to the Main Street leading to the show.
Resist the urge to park close to the show entrance. I am trying to leave in complete gridlock. No signs telling how to get out. Been sitting
in the same spot for 20 minutes now. Nobody has any idea where
to go and nobody directing traffic.

Incredibly poorly organized.

Victor

Went two days and had none of the problems mentioned,the exits in the parking area where we'll marked,and there was more than enough ticket sales positions. Sorry that Victor had such a hard time.

Wow!
I went Thursday. Parked 2 minute walk from the entrance. No lines, in fact no one ahead of me at all. Well marked exit, traffic cones to throttle road traffic to one lane so we could merge easily. Can't imagine an easier venue to get to/enter/exit given the number of people attending.

Kudos to Sun-n-fun staff and volunteers.

Wow!
I went Thursday. Parked 2 minute walk from the entrance. No lines, in fact no one ahead of me at all. Well marked exit, traffic cones to throttle road traffic to one lane so we could merge easily. Can't imagine an easier venue to get to/enter/exit given the number of people attending.

Kudos to Sun-n-fun staff and volunteers.

Awesome everything went so smooth. My experience must have been
due to the large crowd then.

Victor

Ron = weekday
upstateny = weekday
Victor = weekend

I think I see a possible reason for the difference that Ron and upstate may be overlooking.

:dunno:

Ron = weekday
upstateny = weekday
Victor = weekend

I think I see a possible reason for the difference that Ron and upstate may be overlooking.

:dunno:

Evidently it pays to plan ahead.:yes:

Evidently it pays to plan ahead.:yes:

I have experienced that gridlock getting out of the parking lot. The Thunderbirds are a popular show and I believe that they attract a lot of people. I believe that they are only there on Saturday and Sunday doing their show.

I am glad that the Thunderbirds are doing their thing again and that lots of folks are attending Sun and Fun. Sorry for the problems buying tickets and leaving.

Be sure to order your tickets online. I waited in line for over an hour to
get in today. THE slowest ticket lines on earth. Literally
hundreds of people waiting in line at once. Waited in 1 line
for 30 minutes only to have the line close so I had to
start over at the end of another line. I tried to order
online using my iPad while I was in the regular line but
the cell reception was so poor I could not complete the order.
Many others were having the same issue.

Also park as close as possible to the Main Street leading to the show.
Resist the urge to park close to the show entrance. I am trying to leave in complete gridlock. No signs telling how to get out. Been sitting
in the same spot for 20 minutes now. Nobody has any idea where
to go and nobody directing traffic.

Incredibly poorly organized.

Victor

Next time fly in? :dunno:

Tips for next year if you're attending on Saturday:

1. Arrive early - 10am or before
  2. Buy your tickets online
  3. Don't leave when everyone else does. When the military team ends its show, stay put in your lawn chair, watch the crowd rush for the exits, enjoy the incredible array of airplanes leaving the show, enjoy the sunset, watch a bit of the night airshow, then head out. No traffic whatsoever.

1. Don't leave when everyone else does. When the military team ends its show, stay put in your lawn chair, watch the crowd rush for the exits, enjoy the incredible array of airplanes leaving the show, enjoy the sunset, watch a bit of the night airshow, then head out. No traffic whatsoever.

This is my method for leaving any kind of large event. Every year I watch the 4th of july fireworks from a boat on San Diego Bay, and right after they end every street and freeway within 20 miles becomes gridlock for 2 hours if not longer. I've taken to relaxing on the boat with friends and enjoying that 2 hours instead. Apply to just about any crowded event and it makes the whole thing much more enjoyable.

This is my method for leaving any kind of large event. Every year I watch the 4th of july fireworks from a boat on San Diego Bay, and right after they end every street and freeway within 20 miles becomes gridlock for 2 hours if not longer. I've taken to relaxing on the boat with friends and enjoying that 2 hours instead. Apply to just about any crowded event and it makes the whole thing much more enjoyable.

Nothing better than a crowded boat ramp or marina entrance on 4th of July,is almost comparable to the fireworks. Drop anchor and enjoy the show :rofl:
My last sun n fun was smooth, we flight in:yes:

Back