Warning - PilotJunkie

NotarPilot

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
NotarPilot
I just want to warn others of a recent issue we've had with this company. My employer ordered 3 lighted LED knee boards over six months ago and although they charged our credit card they never shipped the items. Numerous attempts to contact them by phone and by email have been unanswered.

Please use caution if you decide to order from their website.

Makes me glad I'm local to brick/mortar version of one of the better online pilot shops (Tina's)

I haven't shopped at the one at ADS. So cannot comment.

But Tina does a great job for her regular customers. She's got a sharp memory and remembers everyone's faces and names. Give her a moment or two, and she will remember items you've purchased. What mainstream items she doesn't have in stock, she can get. And will occasionally discount a little bit beyond what other e-tailers do.

Post sale service is tops. She even will do consignment sales for you. I have a Jepp Part 141 IFR Groundschool kit that I ordered from her in 2013 that I never really used and don't need anymore. She said she does get the occasional order for it and would be willing to sell mine for me.

Her retail space is a bit small, but that's just the tip of her iceberg as more space is dedicated to the warehouse. It's worth going to visit to see what she has/can get and to meet her.

She's a good businesswoman and we locals should do more to make sure she stays available to us for a looooong time.

And you out of towners too.... www.tinaspilotshop.com

It throws up a big red flag if a company charges my credit card before I get a shipping notice. I call them, if they confirm that product hasn't shipped, I give them one day and if after that day it still hasn't shipped then I dispute the charges with my CC co.

(I download my finances/transactions almost daily into my accounting software so keeping abreast is easy).

Never been burned this way.

Anyone who charges a card before fulfilling the order is shady or struggling. Neither a good sign.

Back