Warbird round engine mechanics in bay area

skynewbie

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
checkmysix
I am looking at possibly buying a warbird in a partnership and looking for round engine savvy mechanics in the bay area northern California. Looking at something fun like a Yak 52 or CJ6 Nanchung as they are more affordable than a T-6 or T-28.

postpics.gif

Get the North American t6. It's fun, it's a tail dragger, and it's American made!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

For mechanics, there was an outfit in Hollister that did lots of warbirds, forget their name though. I would also look around Livermore.

Ben the super troll from the redboard shows his face again:rofl:

You mean this guy?

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73493

You really underestimate him. He had been banned/shamed off numerous forums. He wastes peoples time like he is doing here. No focus, all over the place. Literally.... in a current thread on another forum... he went from looking for a mid to entry level GA plane to now wanting to partner on a warbird as his first airplane.

What's painful for me is to see all the people he sucks in. We are talking 1000's of posts/replies and 10's of thousands of reads. He has no grasp of all the ill will he has generated towards himself. His name is becoming an internet meme in aviation circles.

brian];1542700 said:
Hey, I'm looking for a partner in a slightly used shuttle.just need to pull together $28m, but I think I can talk them down a bit.

http://www.wired.com/2010/01/nasa-shuttle-garage-sale/

Anyone in? Should be fun to learn how to fly...

Well, that price seems to only cover the cost of "display prep." I wouldn't be interested unless we could arrange "flight prep."

Looking at them is fine as far as it goes, but the point of owning is to fly them, no?

I imagine we would have to add a few bucks for the external fuel and disposable rocket engines.....

It's just a big glider - Surely we can get one of these airline pilots to give us a tug.

I have no problem with Ben. He is a fine pilot. I don't understand why everyone always gets on his case.

Tell you what ben, if you buy this thing i will personally come to your airpark home and teach you about the vendenyev engine, how to deal with the air start, to leave the air compressor or remove it, how to convert to champion plugs, which russian tools you need, how to check the mag timing and do the regular valve adjustments, what to check if the tach goes backwards, how to bandaid a weak scavenge pump, etc, etc. There are a lot of idiosyncrasies with these engines. Not hard, just different.

Again, I hope you actually do follow through on something but I highly doubt I’ll be putting on a Russian engine seminar for you anytime soon.

Back