Wanting to get back in the air

jjfjr

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
jjfjr
Hi;

I have a commercial license with multi-engine and instrument ratings and a class 2 medical cert that expired in 1993. What do I need to get back into the air under the sport pilot rules?

Thanks;

Hi;

I have a commercial license with multi-engine and instrument ratings and a class 2 medical cert that expired in 1993. What do I need to get back into the air under the sport pilot rules?
A BFR and a valid driver's license.

Ron Wanttaja

Ron's got it exactly right. That's what I did earlier this year. I will strongly recommend that you visit AOPA's Pilot's Guide to Getting Back into Flying. It summarizes all of the changes since you were in it last. You might also make sure your CFI covers the bases, as well.

Hi;

I have a commercial license with multi-engine and instrument ratings and a class 2 medical cert that expired in 1993. What do I need to get back into the air under the sport pilot Thanks;

Do you also have ASEL?

To operate as under the Sport Pilot rules you need:

• A valid pilot certificate.

• Compliance with the medical requirements of a sport pilot.

• A current flight review (recorded in logbook).

• Fly a sport pilot-eligible aircraft.

• Operate within the privileges and limitations of the sport pilot certificate.

• Operate within the category/class ratings on the pilot certificate

RT

Back