Want to Purchase plane for 2 people to get licensed

Here's another way to look at it... when you're training and driven to get your pilot's certificate, you have serious motivation to find and spend the money it takes to rent an airplane and pay a CFI. Once you've got the certificate, however, it becomes a little harder to justify spending a couple hundred bucks on rental once or twice a week just to keep current/competent, or go grab a burger out of town. My CFI and I were talking about that yesterday. He's seen SOoo many people go through all the time and expense required to get the ticket, only to not continue flying because renting SEEMS so expensive when you do it an hour at a time. Owning your own plane starts to get cheaper than renting, depending upon WHAT you own and what you rent, if you fly at least 50 hours a year, and the more you fly, the more you save (over renting). However, even if you don't fly that much (although you should if at all possible), you still have serious motivation to use that bird you're paying hangar, annual, and maintenance fees for. Owning is a great motivator. It's not always convenient (when you have maintenance issues, it's YOUR problem), and not always cheaper (unless you fly a lot), but it is very rewarding, motivating, and you (usually) have an airplane whenever you want it.

Wanting to purchase a plane for the wife and myself to get licensed & possibly my nephew. Is it worth it as long as it can be resold or used a lot in the future?
Who has done this and have you found it to be worth it?

Hi there, we have a Cessna 400 that we want to lease out. It is currently in Memphis but can be based anywhere. We aren't flying it a lot right now and yet do not want to lease it out to a flying school or anything like that. Not sure how this fits in your plans, but regardless, good luck on your journey to get licensed.

Hi there, we have a Cessna 400 that we want to lease out. It is currently in Memphis but can be based anywhere. We aren't flying it a lot right now and yet do not want to lease it out to a flying school or anything like that. Not sure how this fits in your plans, but regardless, good luck on your journey to get licensed.
Seems like a bit much for a 3 student pilots but then again people do PPL in SR20 and a few probably do it in SR22.

I love the Corvalis! Do you have a basic leasing price you can share here in public? I have been wanting to get around 10hrs in one. I could maybe find a few others (already PPL) locally here that might want to also fly it but not need to have it at a flight school. Perhaps I could find enough interested parties to get 30 or so hours queued up to warrant moving it for a month or so.

Seems like a bit much for a 3 student pilots but then again people do PPL in SR20 and a few probably do it in SR22.

I love the Corvalis! Do you have a basic leasing price you can share here in public? I have been wanting to get around 10hrs in one. I could maybe find a few others (already PPL) locally here that might want to also fly it but not need to have it at a flight school. Perhaps I could find enough interested parties to get 30 or so hours queued up to warrant moving it for a month or so.

First Post?
offering somewhat inappropriate bird for PPL?
unconcerned about location?
Can be anywhere?

I call false. Nigerian prince has the airplane, maybe?

If you are serious, PM me. I’d be shocked if there wouldn’t be a way to make that viable in the Dallas area.

If you are serious, PM me. I’d be shocked if there wouldn’t be a way to make that viable in the Dallas area.
No fair - but you'd probably find more people in the Dallas area than I can in the Twin Cities area, especially with the nasty 'W' word about 3 months away. Maybe I should grab a commercial flight down to Dallas and log some hours in it over a few days.

Back