Want to live the dream? Airpark Home in Durham NC

Bill Watson

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
MauleDriver
This house has not been listed yet but here you go:
For sale by owner in Durham, NC. House (1860 sq ft, built 1995) and hangar (42x40) on grass strip (3200x100). House is energy efficient, 3 BR, 2 bath, ranch on 2 ± wooded acres. Natural gas heat and hot water with a Rinnai water heater. Crawl space is being encapsulated. Large front and back porches; oversized 2-car garage (27x28 ±).House and hangar are alarmed. Appliances negotiable, motivated sellers. Available in January.​
No, a price has not been set or communicated.

However, if an airpark home seems like a too expensive dream, this may be an exception. I can't speak to selling price but I can tell you that monthly community fees are close to negligible. And you'll own your hangar.

The house is on 8NC8 where I live and fly. It is in Durham County, NC, 10 miles north of KRDU and is a short commute to downtown Durham, Duke Univ. and Research Triangle Park. It is a reasonable commute to Chapel Hill and Raleigh.

The field is grass, well maintained but a bit rough. It has lights and fuel.

This relatively modest house is ideally located within the community relative to airstrip access and hangar location. The airport is adjacent to a large water supply lake. Though development and access to the lake is restricted, this house is within 1 mile of a public boat ramp - fishing is quite good.

PM me if you want to contact the owner.

I can also attest that 8NC8 is a great little strip to fly out of. It's best to stay away for a day or so after a heavy rain (which isn't all that common) and it would take some bravery to fly in at night (trees on either side of the field, and nonstandard, low-intensity lights that as I recall have to be manually activated on the ground) but a very convenient location, self-serve avgas (for people who live their with keys to the pump), and low housing prices. If I knew I was going to be in the Durham area for more than a year or two, I would definitely look into this...

Back