Want To Buy Instrument DVD Course

SMR05

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
SMR
I am looking to buy a used instrument rating DVD set, King or Sporty's. Let me know what you have. Thanks

FYI; if you own an iPad, it is possible to watch the online version of the KING IFR course by using the Photon Browser (which is Adobe Flash enabled) available in the app store.

For me the online version was a good choice. It allows me to work the course during my lunch period watching a few segments and taking the quizzes.

But I do wish King Schools would provide a copy of their printed testing supplement to go with the online version. Switching tabs between the quiz question and the referred to Figure was a real pain. As well as not be able to follow along on paper as John or Martha taught the segment.

I have the King DVD.

My prior certificates I used Gleim. I like them both, but king is better in my opinion with their illustrations and instructions.
I'm doing the IR rating.

Hi Aggie
Do you have any IR time other than the requisite ppl time. I have 2 hours sim time.
I am woefully deficient in Vor navigation. I did all my training in a light sport and they did not have for nav aids. There was no dial with an obs etc.

That's my struggle so far.

FYI; if you own an iPad, it is possible to watch the online version of the KING IFR course by using the Photon Browser (which is Adobe Flash enabled) available in the app store.

For me the online version was a good choice. It allows me to work the course during my lunch period watching a few segments and taking the quizzes.

But I do wish King Schools would provide a copy of their printed testing supplement to go with the online version. Switching tabs between the quiz question and the referred to Figure was a real pain. As well as not be able to follow along on paper as John or Martha taught the segment.

Hi Aggie
Do you have any IR time other than the requisite ppl time. I have 2 hours sim time.
I am woefully deficient in Vor navigation. I did all my training in a light sport and they did not have for nav aids. There was no dial with an obs etc.

That's my struggle so far.

I have some additional time in the logbook now, but not much. I've done a few simulated ILS approaches with a CFI on board.

Nav by VOR isn't that difficult. Nor is finding your location by using two VOR's (tune the freqs, twist the OBS until you determine the correct radial your on, then draw the line on your chart. Where they cross, that's you.).

There are several VOR trainers on the net, many free. And there are some decent videos on the subject on YouTube.

Desire is to get busy and done with IFR training in the Fall.

I am "hoping" to finish by early November myself.

Thanks for the tip on the vor. I have been watching YouTube stuff too.

You going to AOPA conf in Oct?

King does have the manual for the IR course. It cost me $20 or you can download it. Call Andrea Stout at King. She is wonderfully helpful and a real pleasure to work with. One of the best customer reps I have ever come across in any industry.

Back