Want to be in charge?

gibbons

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iRide
Believe it or not, the Gaston’s fly in is right around the corner. There have been lots of suggestions about things to do, and it’s probably time to firm up the plans. I’ve listed the items I can think of, but need to know who (if anyone) is willing to assume responsibility to make sure that particular event comes off.

If you’re willing to take responsibility for an event or if you have another event you want to list and take responsibility for, please let me know via PM or email – the address is chip, then the at sign, then gibmail dot net. I’ll add your name and contact information to the web site so people with questions can get with you directly.

While we’re at it, please be sure to update your information on the www.gastonsflyin.com site. That’s the site we’ll be using to track dinner counts, etc.

Activities:

Reservations for dinner Friday dinner, Saturday dinner, and Sunday brunch – Diana Richards

Coordination with Gaston’s for table, chairs and ice at the runway – Diana Richards

Water at the runway –

Nametags and Pens – Diana Richards

Air Boss – Steve See

Pop-up tents – Chip Gibbons (if I have room), Steve See

Thursday Night Movie –

Thursday Night Pizza –

Friday Night BarBQ –

Friday Night Movie –

Friday Night Poker –

Saturday Night Movie –

Musicians’ Jam Session –

Weather – Chip Gibbons

Now’s your chance to take charge!!!! Pick the item you want to be responsible for and step up to the plate!

BTW, if someone else would like to try the "air boss" (more like "hall monitor" ;) ) role during Gaston's I certainly don't have a problem with that. I just kinda ended up doing it the first time cuz I figured it needed doing.

BTW, if someone else would like to try the "air boss" (more like "hall monitor" ;) ) role during Gaston's I certainly don't have a problem with that. I just kinda ended up doing it the first time cuz I figured it needed doing.

Steve, it would not be the same without you, and I am not joking.

I will bring a shade tent, as usual, in order to provide humorous entertainment for all who witness the attempted erection thereof.

Will also, again, bring computer and an array of movie-like stuff, do not currently have a projector, may get one, but if Doc Bruce can bring his again, it's a big help.

After that, I'll pretty much do whatever you all say I need to do.

A song from a James Bond movie comes to mind...Nobody Does It Better!

If nobody else is going to volunteer, my wife and I could set up the poker game.

James Dean

:rofl:

Poor Spike...let's see him talk his way out of this one. :D

What's to talk out of? Celia's been cackling for years!

Do we need power out at the runway? I have a super quiet suitcase generator I could bring if necessary.

If I recall, they have power at the light poles, but the power has to be on to the lights. I am bringing a couple of long extendy-cords, just in case, too.

Do we need power out at the runway? I have a super quiet suitcase generator I could bring if necessary.

I have a battery/invertor box that I can add to my load. As always I have plenty of room. :D

I'll see what it will take to get a beam antenna and access point so we CAN get WiFi on the flight line.

Last edited:
I have a few classic airplane DVDs I can volunteer to bring as back ups if you'd like. If Hotshots, Top Gun, a copy of Stealth, One Six Right, Fly Away home, or Iron Eagle sound like good movies, I'd be happy to bring them. I even have a small DVD player if all else fails and somone has a TV.

Also, if we want to reposition stuff, there are outlets near the fuel pump and hidden in the hedges on the north side of the permanent tiedown area which are not associated with the light poles but are powered continously (at least the time I checked).

If I recall, they have power at the light poles, but the power has to be on to the lights. I am bringing a couple of long extendy-cords, just in case, too.

I can ship a copy of "Airplane!" to anyone who's going. I'm still trying for spousal approval to go SWA to Little Rock and drive up.

Believe it or not, the Gaston’s fly in is right around the corner. There have been lots of suggestions about things to do, and it’s probably time to firm up the plans. I’ve listed the items I can think of, but need to know who (if anyone) is willing to assume responsibility to make sure that particular event comes off.

If you’re willing to take responsibility for an event or if you have another event you want to list and take responsibility for, please let me know via PM or email – the address is chip, then the at sign, then gibmail dot net. I’ll add your name and contact information to the web site so people with questions can get with you directly.

While we’re at it, please be sure to update your information on the www.gastonsflyin.com site. That’s the site we’ll be using to track dinner counts, etc.

Activities:

Reservations for dinner Friday dinner, Saturday dinner, and Sunday brunch – Diana Richards

Coordination with Gaston’s for table, chairs and ice at the runway – Diana Richards

Water at the runway –

Nametags and Pens – Diana Richards

Air Boss – Steve See

Pop-up tents – Chip Gibbons (if I have room), Steve See

Thursday Night Movie –

Thursday Night Pizza –

Friday Night BarBQ –

Friday Night Movie –

Friday Night Poker –

Saturday Night Movie –

Musicians’ Jam Session –

Weather – Chip Gibbons

Now’s your chance to take charge!!!! Pick the item you want to be responsible for and step up to the plate!

I can do Friday or Saturday night movie. I have Fly-Boys, Battle of Britain and One Six right. I have a projector, laptop and speakers. We can hang a white sheet between to high wing airplanes for a screen. One more advantage of having the wings on top, where they belong!

I’ve listed the items I can think of, but need to know who (if anyone) is willing to assume responsibility to make sure that particular event comes off.

Activities:

Friday Night BarBQ –
Several people have asked me about the BBQ, such as where it will be, who will take care of grills, do they need to bring anything, etc. Does anyone know who is in charge of this? It might go more smoothly if we had one person (not me!!!!) who will be the contact person and organizer.

Just a reminder to update your information on this site...this is where I track numbers for notifying Gaston's about the Saturday dinner and the Sunday brunch.

I will be there for Saturday dinner and Sunday brunch.
If weather is ok, I plan to be there Friday about 6ish.
Feel free to sign me up for anything that needs a body to help.

Mark B.

Should we set a phone tree or something so we can get the word out for events and changes of plans and such?

A white board would be good, even online. The online one could be (is) on the Wiki.

Back