Want cheap flying

Will have to see what the winning bid is. Pictures look nice.

If I had a hangar, that would look really good in it.

Plane's for sale in Dalhart, TX...where I stopped on the way back from Osh in 2017. The guy running the FBO set me up with a courtesy pickup, found a room in town for us, hangared the plane, and refused to take any money for the hangar use. I love small-town airports!

That flying is only cheap until the fabric fails a punch test. At that point, unless you're an A&P, you will either have a great big lawn ornament or a plane that you've spent far more on than you will ever hope to get back.

Keep it in a hangar and the fabric should last indefinitely.
That flying is only cheap until the fabric fails a punch test. At that point, unless you're an A&P, you will either have a great big lawn ornament or a plane that you've spent far more on than you will ever hope to get back.

Keep it in a hangar and the fabric should last indefinitely.
Hangars aren't an option in every location and indefinitely is a very long time.

More importantly there is nothing in the ad to suggest the fabric was done recently nor that the plane has lived in a hangar exclusively since the last time the fabric was done.

The bigger point is this. I love all those old cheap (i.e. not cub or supercub) Pipers as much as the next guy. But the reality is if you're buying a sub $80k fabric airplane, you have to accept the fact that if you keep it long enough, it WILL need fabric, and if you're not an A&P or otherwise in a position to do all the work yourself, you're probably going to end up with a plane that you've sunk far more cash into than you'll ever hope to get back out.

Hangars aren't an option in every location and indefinitely is a very long time.

More importantly there is nothing in the ad to suggest the fabric was done recently nor that the plane has lived in a hangar exclusively since the last time the fabric was done.

The bigger point is this. I love all those old cheap (i.e. not cub or supercub) Pipers as much as the next guy. But the reality is if you're buying a sub $80k fabric airplane, you have to accept the fact that if you keep it long enough, it WILL need fabric, and if you're not an A&P or otherwise in a position to do all the work yourself, you're probably going to end up with a plane that you've sunk far more cash into than you'll ever hope to get back out.
Do you realize there are dope and cotton systems out there that pass annual every year and are over 50 years old.
it's all about care.
and recovers are an supervisable maintenance.

There is a reserve amount for bidding.
It could not be so cheap.
Buy in may not be, but the flying should be.
4-5 gallons auto at 85-90 MPH and they are very nimble little aircraft. (baby brother to the Pacer)

fun as hell

Last edited:
I know someone with a C-140 that will most likely take $6000 for it. Minor wing tip damage

But covers are.
Yes, but a full set runs over an AMU, they last about 3 years, and if you are often putting them on in a bit of a wind, you will come to hate them.

That thing would be a blast.

I’d love to buy it, fly it to 8000 feet or so, then spin spin spin spin my way down.

So the mystery still remains a mystery as to who caused the damage..??
Yes, Jeremy has an idea who damaged his plane but no real proof. Sad to say the least. He is done with the plane, he thinks its bad karma..:(

Back