Wanna buy a Phantom?

Won't fit in our T-hangar. I'm out.

Go Navy!!!

That airplane is a beast. When I was working at the Hughes Aircraft Flight Test Division in the late sixties developing the AIM-54 Phoenix, we used F-4s and F-111s flying out of the Hughes Culver City facility (CVR) and NAS Point Mugu (KNTD) as test beds. It was one of my more memorable experiences.

I could really cut down on the time my commute to work takes with that thing.....problem is I wouldn’t make enough to cover the cost of my commute haha

If I did I'd have to paint it properly, in US AIr Force Southeast Asia colors, like these assigned to Osan Air Base when I was there:

an-air-to-air-right-side-view-of-three-f-4e-phantom-ii-aircraft-of-the-51st-c28ddc-640.jpg

They did not list the price. So I assume I can't afford it.
Though even if it was free, I couldn't afford it.
Won't stop me from flying a Rhino one day!!! :)

So cool. Too bad though, because I know the Collins group has a hard enough time funding and keeping their F-4 flyable.

3.95 million dollars. plus the cost of additional restoration.

DJI Phantom is pretty much the same thing.

Part 107 Rulez!

My very first TDY from WPAFB back in the day was to MacAir St Louis. The factory was Wall-to-Wall Rhinos and the flight line shelters were also full.

Cheers

I am setting up a Go Fund Me Page.... should have it covered in a few years...

If I did I'd have to paint it properly, in US AIr Force Southeast Asia colors...
Why you'd paint a Navy airplane in Air Force colors is beyond me, but whatever. Me, I had completely forgotten there was a second Sageburner. I'm more familiar with the first. :(

Nauga,
and terrible moments in PIO history

Or proof positive even a brick can fly as long as there's enough fuel flow.

I know they don't glide well! Saw one go down when I was stationed in Germany right after takeoff, maybe 1000-1500' AGL. Pilots got out thankfully, GIB a friend.

PoA: “Holy hell @Ted DuPuis we thought you were nuts buying a 414 to haul dogs around, then you go off and buy a friggin’ MU-2!”

Ted: “Hmmmm...hold my beer.”

:)

Reactions: Ted
I would love to fly one, one more time.
Own it? No way. That it one of the biggest money burners ever built.

PoA: “Holy hell @Ted DuPuis we thought you were nuts buying a 414 to haul dogs around, then you go off and buy a friggin’ MU-2!”

Ted: “Hmmmm...hold my beer.”

:)

Most of the best moments on PoA have started out as “Hold my beer” moments. ;)

Back