Wal-Mart sucks

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
UGH!!!

I thought I was doing OK until I got to my destination tonight, a Wal-Mart grocery distribution center in Tomah, WI. I was glad to hear that the delivery was a drop and hook, until I found out...

No empty trailers there.

So, now I have to sit and wait until some random time in the morning for them to unload one of our three trailers that are sitting there loaded.

Then, I have to drive to Wausau (2 hours), drop off my trainee and take care of other associated business like hooking up to a new load (1 hour), drive down to Madison (2 hours), drive home (1/2 hour), shower and pack (1 1/2 hours), drive back to the airport (1/2 hour), brief and preflight (1/2 hour), fly to Gaston's (3 1/2 hours) and be there before sundown. This is NOT looking good. :( Even if everything goes right and I luck out and get out of here by 8 AM, that's 8 hours before I'm in the air and I'll get there at 7:30 PM, which is a bit less than an hour before sunset. Grr.

I hope nobody here buys All laundry detergent from Wal-Mart. If you do, it's your fault I'm gonna have a tough time making it to 3M0 tomorrow. :p ;)

Edit: Looks like it'll be IFR too, which means another stop at the East Ramp to buy charts. Ooooo, this is making me mad. Bad wal-mart. Bad.

Last edited:
Bummer. Kent. It better not be IFR or we aren't...

flyingcheesehead said:
Even if everything goes right and I luck out and get out of here by 8 AM, that's 8 hours before I'm in the air and I'll get there at 7:30 PM, which is a bit less than an hour before sunset. Grr.

You can always land at BPK tonight, and then move the plane to Gastons tomorrow. Might even be able to con yourself a ferry ride in a nice airplane!!!

Bill Jennings said:
You can always land at BPK tonight, and then move the plane to Gastons tomorrow. Might even be able to con yourself a ferry ride in a nice airplane!!!

Or a Cherokee, with a mild smell of dogpoop. If you need it Kent, let me know, I'll ferry ya.

mikea said:
Bummer. Kent. It better not be IFR or we aren't...

Mike,

It looks like VFR-able IFR. ;) That is, you'll be able to make it, bumpin' along beneath the clouds and visually avoiding the rain showers. I'll be able to make it in the smooth cool (and yes, clear) air at 12,000 feet, visually avoiding the hammerheads. :yes:

Bill Jennings said:

I think that's gonna have to be the plan. Left Tomah at around 9:30, left Wausau around 12:15 (my original schedule had me home at noon!), had to stop and live load in Stevens Point. So, I'm about an hour and a half out, with all of this

flyingcheesehead said:
drive home (1/2 hour), shower and pack (1 1/2 hours), drive back to the airport (1/2 hour), brief and preflight (1/2 hour), fly to Gaston's (3 1/2 hours) and be there before sundown.

left to go. :( Best case, it looks like BPK at 9:15. More likely 9:30-10. Someone wanna listen in on Center and send a van my way? (N271G)

SkyHog said:
Or a Cherokee, with a mild smell of dogpoop. If you need it Kent, let me know, I'll ferry ya.

Thanks Nick! :)

I haven't set foot in a Walmart in a couple of years.....but I will if it will help STOP all these Gastons posts.........

Back