Wait a minute.... ice caps are not melting???

No. He's a climate change denier, and despite what the article implies, he is not a climate scientist, or any physical scientist at all for that matter. He is a social "scientist," with an agenda.

No. He's a climate change denier, and despite what the article implies, he is not a climate scientist, or any physical scientist at all for that matter. He is a social "scientist," with an agenda.

Ted Maksym????? Try RTFA.....

Last edited:
"Professor Peter Wadhams, a Professor of Ocean Physics at Cambridge University, suggested the research from the Antarctic is based on thick ice which had previously not been sampled by scientists.
He confessed that while the Antarctic sea ice area is increasing, experts do not know how thick the ice really is because they lack the means to measure it."

Another denier.......

Ted Maksym????? Try RTFA.....

I did RTFA. Apparently you didn't, as Ted Maksym said something far far FAR FAR short of "ice caps not melting."

The guy who made that massive leap of faith was Benny Peiser, described in the article as an "expert," which he is not.

It doesn't require you to be a scholar to see every glacier in the world is retreating.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC3VTgIPoGU

That is a spectacular event no doubt, but why is this event pinned solely on climate warming?? Take a look at California, they have had mudslides/earthquakes for years which is due to shifting of the earths surface irrelevant of the temperatures.. So who is to say these ice shifts is not due to earth movements similar in nature to earthquakes??

Im not trying to rock the boat but just see how this could easily be due to earth shifts and not climate changes, if you have something that proves my thoughts wrong I would like to hear them WITHOUT CALLING ME AN IDIOT of course :D

That is a spectacular event no doubt, but why is this event pinned solely on climate warming?? Take a look at California, they have had mudslides/earthquakes for years which is due to shifting of the earths surface irrelevant of the temperatures.. So who is to say these ice shifts is not due to earth movements similar in nature to earthquakes??

Im not trying to rock the boat but just see how this could easily be due to earth shifts and not climate changes, if you have something that proves my thoughts wrong I would like to hear them WITHOUT CALLING ME AN IDIOT of course :D

Or a moron..... my take from the article is that for "settled science" I'm amazed at how ignorant we really are about what we know.

It's also comical how many experts we have on this forum who pounce and name call if someone challenges their cult beliefs......

Or a moron..... my take from the article is that for "settled science" I'm amazed at how ignorant we really are about what we know.

It's also comical how many experts we have on this forum who pounce and name call if someone challenges their cult beliefs......

funny how you resorted to name calling instead of explaining to me how my hypothesis is wrong? You are doing the very same thing you are accusing others of doing but on the other end of the spectrum

Henning, your words have hurt me........:rolleyes2:

Well, you can decide to quit being a moron, moron is a choice unlike stupid. A moron decides to believe what can't possibly be true because that's what they want to believe. The physical evidence of the loss of glacial ice in both northern and southern hemispheres is undeniable.

I believe it is undeniable that the global climate is changing. It has been changing since the beginning and will continue to change until the end. And the question shouldn't by "why", the question really is only, are humans contributing to it. I don't think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe it is undeniable that the global climate is changing. It has been changing since the beginning and will continue to change until the end. And the question shouldn't by "why", the question really is only, are humans contributing to it. I don't think so.

That s not the question, the question is "What are we going to do to prepare for the consequences?" Do we contribute to the overall effect, undeniable. It is impossible for us not to at the amount of energy we waste into the environment. For every BTU we convert into electricity or motive force, we send 2-3 BTUs into the environment along with an extra dose of insulation into the atmosphere.

funny how you resorted to name calling instead of explaining to me how my hypothesis is wrong? You are doing the very same thing you are accusing others of doing but on the other end of the spectrum

Oh please try to keep up, I didn't call you a moron, I was agreeing with you, the moron reference was back to Henning calling me a moron.

Oh please try to keep up, I didn't call you a moron, I was agreeing with you, the moron reference was back to Henning calling me a moron.

Sorry, but if you are going to think like a moron, I will call you a moron.

Well, you can decide to quit being a moron, moron is a choice unlike stupid. A moron decides to believe what can't possibly be true because that's what they want to believe. The physical evidence of the loss of glacial ice in both northern and southern hemispheres is undeniable.

Oooooooooh the name calling. So anyone who doesn't agree with your twisted take on things is a moron........ well Henning there are a lot of morons out there.

By the way, please provide a quote from here where I have said anything like this:

You believe he is unbiased and correct .......

You are very quick to pounce Henning, you need to practice what you preach pal......

Oooooooooh the name calling. So anyone who doesn't agree with your twisted take on things is a moron........ well Henning there are a lot of morons out there.

By the way, please provide a quote from here where I have said anything like this:

You are very quick to pounce Henning, you need to practice what you preach pal......

This has nothing with my twisted take on things, if you don't want to agree with my twisted model of the universe which actually corroborates the faith you claim, that is fine, I never called anybody a name for disagreeing with me.

But when there are photographs of the world's glaciers, including those in the Arctic and Antarctic, that plainly show bare rocks for miles leading to a thin glacier where photos show mile+ thick glaciers out into to ocean just 50 years ago, that is not disagreeing with me, that is disagreeing with reality, that's like you telling God he's lying to you. That makes you a moron, sorry if the truth hurts, try to learn something from it.

I agree the climate is and has always been changing.

And one big question is whether man is causing, or even contributing to it.

But another, even bigger question is whether man is capable of preventing or reversing the change, and even if so, should we try? Is it too complex of a system with unintended consequences which may be even worse than the normal and inevitable change?

These large calving events are more often and larger than any in the past, which is seen as the fast retreat of the glaciers. watch the vid to the end, it's pretty well explained.

This is a picture of my kid standing on the moraine wall of Portage glacier, (1999) note where the glacier is, then look at Google maps see where it is now

Attachments

• Aloaska Trip 99 023.jpg
    Aloaska Trip 99 023.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
This has nothing with my twisted take on things, if you don't want to agree with my twisted model of the universe which actually corroborates the faith you claim, that is fine, I never called anybody a name for disagreeing with me.

But when there are photographs of the world's glaciers, including those in the Arctic and Antarctic, that plainly show bare rocks for miles leading to a thin glacier where photos show mile+ thick glaciers out into to ocean just 50 years ago, that is not disagreeing with me, that is disagreeing with reality, that's like you telling God he's lying to you. That makes you a moron, sorry if the truth hurts, try to learn something from it.

No quote, just more arguing with the voice in your head that you attribute to me, nice. I think I finally found a sig, thanks..

OK; the icecaps are melting. How much has mean sea level risen in the last fifty years?

I agree the climate is and has always been changing.

And one big question is whether man is causing, or even contributing to it.

But another, even bigger question is whether man is capable of preventing or reversing the change, and even if so, should we try? Is it too complex of a system with unintended consequences which may be even worse than the normal and inevitable change?

We need to move off the planet while we still have the resources to do so. That s what was intended for us from the very beginning, that is God's destiny for us. To get us in full production and populating the universe. We have allowed a handful of greedy to cost us that. Greed is Eve and it is costing us our collective destiny as a species.

It's a shame really as we have such great potential, but we can't seem to get along and evolve out of competition into cooperation, all because a few people have no sense of enough. We live in a world whose destiny has been altered to our destruction at the whim of adults who as toddlers were the most demanding "Mine! Mine! Mine!" tantrum throwing brats.

Seriously, those are the people we give everything to, including our future as a species. Most of you wouldn't tollerate that from your children why do you allow it of your leaders?:dunno: Can't you bloody well think for yourselves?:confused:

If we remain stuck to this planet with no plans for getting massive quantities of people off for another 20 years, our fate is not a joyous one, not for another 100,000 years or so when our replacement develops.

For all we know the temperature and CO2 rises are part of God terraforming the planet for a different species, and when those levels are hit, the aliens will come in and repopulate the planet with a known productive species that will reset the planet so a new species can be instantly reseeded.

See, where mankind runs into its problem is that it is a malignant species that is proving exceedingly difficult to cure. As long as we are malignant, we can't really be given full access to the Life bandwidth. Greed is highly contagious and ravishes societies like locusts on wheat. Without that full connection though mankind is lost, they have no overt guidance outside of self, without the knowledge that God resides within themselves and is constantly guiding every choice, if they just listen. The problem is they don't want to listen to something that requires more effort than an alternative, so they willfully deny their conscience.

Back in 69 Peter Green wrote a short but great song called "Oh Well", just two stanzas that describe human to human, and God to human interaction quite succinctly.
I can't help about the shape I'm in,
I can't sing, I ain't pretty, and my legs are thin.
Don't ask me what I think about you,
You might not get the answer that you wanted to.
Oh Well...

Now when I talked to God I knew he'd understand,
He said, "Stick by me I'll be your guiding hand.
Don't ask me what I think of you,
You might not get the answer that you wanted to."

We need to move off the planet while we still have the resources to do so. That s what was intended for us from the very beginning, that is God's destiny for us. To get us in full production and populating the universe. We have allowed a handful of greedy to cost us that. Greed is Eve and it is costing us our collective destiny as a species.

It's a shame really as we have such great potential, but we can't seem to get along and evolve out of competition into cooperation, all because a few people have no sense of enough. We live in a world whose destiny has been altered to our destruction at the whim of adults who as toddlers were the most demanding "Mine! Mine! Mine!" tantrum throwing brats.

Seriously, those are the people we give everything to, including our future as a species. Most of you wouldn't tollerate that from your children why do you allow it of your leaders?:dunno: Can't you bloody well think for yourselves?:confused:

If we remain stuck to this planet with no plans for getting massive quantities of people off for another 20 years, our fate is not a joyous one, not for another 100,000 years or so when our replacement develops.

For all we know the temperature and CO2 rises are part of God terraforming the planet for a different species, and when those levels are hit, the aliens will come in and repopulate the planet with a known productive species that will reset the planet so a new species can be instantly reseeded.

See, where mankind runs into its problem is that it is a malignant species that is proving exceedingly difficult to cure. As long as we are malignant, we can't really be given full access to the Life bandwidth. Greed is highly contagious and ravishes societies like locusts on wheat. Without that full connection though mankind is lost, they have no overt guidance outside of self, without the knowledge that God resides within themselves and is constantly guiding every choice, if they just listen. The problem is they don't want to listen to something that requires more effort than an alternative, so they willfully deny their conscience.

Back in 69 Peter Green wrote a short but great song called "Oh Well", just two stanzas that describe human to human, and God to human interaction quite succinctly.
I can't help about the shape I'm in,
I can't sing, I ain't pretty, and my legs are thin.
Don't ask me what I think about you,
You might not get the answer that you wanted to.
Oh Well...

Now when I talked to God I knew he'd understand,
He said, "Stick by me I'll be your guiding hand.
Don't ask me what I think of you,
You might not get the answer that you wanted to."

Henning, you can be entertaining, but what a bunch of liberal nonsense with some science fiction BS weaved in, the scary part is you believe what you write. More resources are wasted chasing these made up issues, while real problems, like world hunger, are neglected. Wake up dude, come back from fantasy land.

What place is better than a trashed Earth? Why does greed exist?

Where I'm sitting right now (and 3/4th of North America) were covered in ice twice and it melted. :dunno:

Glaciers and ice melt, big deal. Calling this an issue is being a moron. :lol:

Henning, you can be entertaining, but what a bunch of liberal nonsense with some science fiction BS weaved in, the scary part is you believe what you write. More resources are wasted chasing these made up issues, while real problems, like world hunger, are neglected. Wake up dude, come back from fantasy land.

World hunger we can take care of without a problem, water too. You are right, we are wasting our resources while we could be using the waste products from our resource use to provide enough food and water for everyone; it's just not as profitable for the people we have given control over all our natural resources to do it that way. That is greed getting in the way again.

What we build to set off in. The resources available to us once we get off the planet are immense, we're welcome to use all of them to support more life. Heck, once we get to the asteroid belt with mining and processing ships, we have all the resources we could ever imagine to construct huge space fairing habitats. A Ringworld type structure is not that complex to create with autonomous 3D printers. Considering all the iridium and iron in the asteroid belt and the sintered metal 3D printing process, we could do a lot of construction.

Water, methane, and hydrogen are ubiquitous along the strings and web of the universe. We have had our time to develop, we are already two strikes down and the third pitch is closing on the plate. God needs this planet back to try again to develop a productive intelligent life form.

What we build to set off in. The resources available to us once we get off the planet are immense, we're welcome to use all of them to support more life. Heck, once we get to the asteroid belt with mining and processing ships, we have all the resources we could ever imagine to construct huge space fairing habitats. A Ringworld type structure is not that complex to create with autonomous 3D printers. Considering all the iridium and iron in the asteroid belt and the sintered metal 3D printing process, we could do a lot of construction.

Water, methane, and hydrogen are ubiquitous along the strings and web of the universe. We have had our time to develop, we are already two strikes down and the third pitch is closing on the plate. God needs this planet back to try again to develop a productive intelligent life form.
Have fun on your journey. I'm staying behind. God and I will work something out. The U.P. is still a beautiful place.

These large calving events are more often and larger than any in the past, which is seen as the fast retreat of the glaciers. watch the vid to the end, it's pretty well explained.

This is a picture of my kid standing on the moraine wall of Portage glacier, (1999) note where the glacier is, then look at Google maps see where it is now

Dig into the ground that has been exposed by the retreating glacier, see what you find.

Last edited:

I don't see how we can get off the planet with the technology we have..... Our cutting edge heavy lift vehicle is projected to be able to transport about 15,000 pounds of payload to mars orbit. It would weigh 1.6 million pounds at liftoff, most of that fuel. It's not practical and probably not feasible.

The scary part is I'm not telling you anything Moses or Christ didn't tell you and you call it nonsense while you say you are a devout Catholic.:dunno: What I am telling you needs to happen and what the consequences of action and inaction will be is no different because the information all comes from the same place, God, you just have to listen.

The only thing I say that is any different is being able to give you a how and a why, and that is something they couldn't do. God had to inspire science for that. Well, now we have the information, you just have to look at it from the correct perspective or it makes no sense. Lots of brilliant people have done a lot of amazing experiments in the last hundred odd years. If you look at the results looking to understand everything from the perspective of the cosmos being a huge process reactor, it all comes together beautifully, and it indicates that there definitely is a God, a central intelligence lying as a duality at the core of the multiverse.

The only reason people do not understand God is because they don't want to, because with that understanding comes responsibility to others besides themselves, with that understanding comes a responsibility to everything else in the universe and God directly as well. No more eating the cracker, drinking the wine, and dropping a few bucks in the bowl to absolve their worries their conscience gives them. Christ may have given man a clean slate 2000 years ago, but we did not maintain our part of the bargain, so that crap ain't happening sorry to tell you. You need more than lip service, to accept Christ you have to accept his ways, his thoughts, his acts, as those you put forward as well. It wasn't an "I believe in you so you will save me regardless how much I act against your teachings."

Everybody has a clear channel to God, you just have to tune it in and turn the volume up.

The scary part is I'm not telling you anything Moses or Christ didn't tell you and you call it nonsense while you say you are a devout Catholic.:dunno: What I am telling you needs to happen and what the consequences of action and inaction will be is no different because the information all comes from the same place, God, you just have to listen.

The only thing I say that is any different is being able to give you a how and a why, and that is something they couldn't do. God had to inspire science for that. Well, now we have the information, you just have to look at it from the correct perspective or it makes no sense. Lots of brilliant people have done a lot of amazing experiments in the last hundred odd years. If you look at the results looking to understand everything from the perspective of the cosmos being a huge process reactor, it all comes together beautifully, and it indicates that there definitely is a God, a central intelligence lying as a duality at the core of the multiverse.

The only reason people do not understand God is because they don't want to, because with that understanding comes responsibility to others besides themselves, with that understanding comes a responsibility to everything else in the universe and God directly as well. No more eating the cracker, drinking the wine, and dropping a few bucks in the bowl to absolve their worries their conscience gives them. Christ may have given man a clean slate 2000 years ago, but we did not maintain our part of the bargain, so that crap ain't happening sorry to tell you. You need more than lip service, to accept Christ you have to accept his ways, his thoughts, his acts, as those you put forward as well. It wasn't an "I believe in you so you will save me regardless how much I act against your teachings."

Everybody has a clear channel to God, you just have to tune it in and turn the volume up.

It's pretty arrogant to say you speak for God Henning, you are not Moses nor are you Jesus. And it's a little delusional to think that God is telling you that you need to move off the planet so He can create a new species, that's a little whacked to be honest with you.

You are hyper-focused on people wealthier than you, that's envy, one of the roots of mankind's issue.

You think answers are in money, technology, moving people, blah, blah, blah, but the answers aren't there Henning, you are looking in the wrong places, you constantly talk about stuff, it's not about stuff.

Have fun on your journey. I'm staying behind. God and I will work something out. The U.P. is still a beautiful place.

Agreed. NE Wisconsin too. Per this discussion, in UP language.... Holy wa!!!

I know you didn't ask me, but my answers:

1. An Earth that has not been trashed.

2. Because greedy apes were likelier to eat enough bananas to live long enough to make more little apes. (Yes, I know greed goes a lot further back than that.)

Back