Wahoooooo -- I'm a SURVIVOR!!!!

flyersfan31

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Freiburgfan31
I passed the deadly 500hr milestone this weekend!!! Phew! I remember when EdFred posted about this last year when he passed 500 -- my thought was, "Hey, I thought the death zone only went to 300hrs, NO FAIR!"

Well, now I'm clear. Just smooth sailing from here on out.

Kidding, kidding, kidding of course (about not worrying, not about the hours). Just learning the maneuvers for the Comm Single rating has taught me a few new tricks. Something new every flight, even with a "whopping" 500 hrs in the book. I only have 2.5yrs as a licensed PPL, so obviously I get my hours in! 1000 here I come!!!

I passed the deadly 500hr milestone this weekend!!! Phew! I remember when EdFred posted about this last year when he passed 500 -- my thought was, "Hey, I thought the death zone only went to 300hrs, NO FAIR!"

Well, now I'm clear. Just smooth sailing from here on out.

Kidding, kidding, kidding of course (about not worrying, not about the hours). Just learning the maneuvers for the Comm Single rating has taught me a few new tricks. Something new every flight, even with a "whopping" 500 hrs in the book. I only have 2.5yrs as a licensed PPL, so obviously I get my hours in! 1000 here I come!!!

Ummm...

IIRC, the deadly numbers for IFR pilots is between 500-1500.

Ummm...

IIRC, the deadly numbers for IFR pilots is between 500-1500.

Nice knowing you, Andrew! :D

In all seriousness, congrats on passing 500 hrs. Keep on flying! :yes:

crap I thought the deathzone was between 100 and 300 who keeps moving it up?

crap I thought the deathzone was between 100 and 300 who keeps moving it up?

Best attitude: Act like you're ALWAYS in the death zone, and then maybe you'll be less likely to do stupid things that will kill you! :yes:

Wow! 500 hrs in 2.5 Years,.. I just passed 1/10th of that last weekend.

Let's see,.. 500 hrs in 2.5 years, that's 200 hrs per year, and 3.8 hrs per week,... ok,.. You Suck. j/k :D

Congrats on the milestone, good to hear you are still learning, and most importantly, flying safe. So when are we celebrating at Wings? :yes:

Congrats on the milestone, good to hear you are still learning, and most importantly, flying safe. So when are we celebrating at Wings? :yes:

Guess it's my turn to buy the beer.:cheers:

Let's see,.. 500 hrs in 2.5 years, that's 200 hrs per year, and 3.8 hrs per week,... ok,.. You Suck. j/k :D
What's the big deal? I've been flying that much in a day? :)

Survivor??? So far, you mean. My motto is every pilot out there is trying to kill you. Some days you can include yourself in that group. Be aware.

Congrats Andrew!

Just passed 200 here....and always learning something new.

Fly safe!!

I'm smack in the middle of everyone's death zone, at 238.4 hours total time. I keep that in mind as I fly, knowing that I still have a lot to learn. Hopefully, that will keep me from making outright stupid decisions...

It probably helps that I now have 67.7 hours in my airplane (in just the past two months). I'm feeling very comfortable in it by now, and know what its capabilities and limits are.

I've done 85 hours in the past 4 months, so I think you can hate me even more, Rob! :D

Yes, celebration is in order! Just make sure to bring the root beer for those of us who have to fly home. ;)

Back