Wahoo! .9 PIC Today!

purdue1014

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Brent
Hello All,

Today I had my first solo. I'll give a condensed version now, and in the next day or so, I'll post a much longer version with pictures and videos.

I took off (man, the plane does feel differently without the CFI there) and came back for my first landing that was pretty darn good. The second time around, I felt a little bit rushed, and I was a little bit wobbly/left of centerline and I went around. I came back and got it down with a couple of bumps. The 3rd time, I went around 3 times
redface.gif
biggrin.gif
and got it down without bending metal or bone, so, life is good
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
but I definitely need to work on not flaring too early. I now have .9 under my PIC column, all in all, a great day!

Purdue

Congrats! Having just soloed for the first time last week, it's very fresh in my head. It's a really great feeling, and yes, the plane is a lot sportier when you're by yourself! :) The first thing I noticed was "Wow, this thing sure takes off and climbs faster."

Now, the biggest question, what happened to the shirt you were wearing? Missa took detailed pictures of what happened to mine... see my profile for visual evidence.

Well done- go-arounds count more than those "how did I pull off that greaser?" landings... you are on the right track. :yes:

Now, the biggest question, what happened to the shirt you were wearing? Missa took detailed pictures of what happened to mine... see my profile for visual evidence.

My CFI was going to cut it off, however we couldn't find any scissors. That coupled with the fact that it was 40* out, and I was planning on spending the whole day at the airport, caused us to elect to do it just before I left. Of course, then, we forgot:( But hey, that is OK, I'll get it next time:yes:

Were they at the airport when you soloed?

Unfortunately no, my CFI's schedule changed a bit, so it wasn't a "scheduled solo," and they already had plans....

Well done- go-arounds count more than those "how did I pull off that greaser?" landings... you are on the right track. :yes:
Heh, I now feel a lot more confident in my go-around ability...

Thanks again everyone!

Purdue

PS-I did update my blog with pix/videos...

Last edited:
My CFI was going to cut it off, however we couldn't find any scissors. That coupled with the fact that it was 40* out, and I was planning on spending the whole day at the airport, caused us to elect to do it just before I left. Of course, then, we forgot:( But hey, that is OK, I'll get it next time:yes:

Missa kindly hinted at the fact that I was wearing an awfully nice shirt to go flying in that day... so I brought a spare with me. :)

Back