Waco TX

Ken Ibold

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ken Ibold
I find myself headed to Waco sometime in mid July. Bill and whoever else might be in that area want to get together?

I think W's booked... But I'm around!

Let me know the dates when you can, and I'll keep'em free!

This is purely rhetorical, but I say as I stare into space: Why in God's name would anyone WANT to come to Waco? :eek:

But, then again, we got 3 grass strips and 3 pretty good GA friendly airports... :goofy:

Would your girl be making the trip? Let me know if you'd want cheap accomodation - we got a pool..

Would your girl be making the trip? Let me know if you'd want cheap accomodation - we got a pool..
Why thank you, sir! I'll see if Kaelyn is interested in 10 hours of flying with Dad. I have to hit Blackhawk, but the dates aren't certain yet.

Why thank you, sir! I'll see if Kaelyn is interested in 10 hours of flying with Dad. I have to hit Blackhawk, but the dates aren't certain yet.

"Hit Blackhawk"- what's that mean?

In any event, keep us all posted, I'd make special jaunt for you, and if your purty gurl's coming along, Tommy'd be up for it (wait- that would mean two purty gurls!).

Draw a line on a chart from Waco to Llano (KAQO). Then, ask yourself: "What's better than Cooper's Bar-b-q?"

Trick question, 'cuz the answer is- nuttin'!

"Hit Blackhawk"- what's that mean?

In any event, keep us all posted, I'd make special jaunt for you, and if your purty gurl's coming along, Tommy'd be up for it (wait- that would mean two purty gurls!).

Draw a line on a chart from Waco to Llano (KAQO). Then, ask yourself: "What's better than Cooper's Bar-b-q?"

Trick question, 'cuz the answer is- nuttin'!
Blackhawk Modifications Inc. -- makers of mods for King Airs, Cheyennes etc that make them better, stronger, faster. Based in Waco. Work, y'know.

Are you telling me Coopers BBQ is better than 5-way Skyline Chili or Turtle Beach Pub blackened grouper or Smokey Bones baby backs? Zounds!!

I know Gary Drapela over there, I think it's the same huge hangar. Blackhawk has a great rep around here (duh).

Kids or not, sounds like us bigger folks will get some good eatin'!

Blackhawk Modifications Inc. -- makers of mods for King Airs, Cheyennes etc that make them better, stronger, faster. Based in Waco. Work, y'know.

Well, someone's gotta do it, right? :D

I guess the time has come that I get my multi rating and write a story about it for your magazine.

Lucky Flying-Around Writer Dude said:
Are you telling me Coopers BBQ is better than 5-way Skyline Chili or Turtle Beach Pub blackened grouper or Smokey Bones baby backs? Zounds!!

Your mouth will be the judge of that. But trust me, you won't leave disappointed!

Good eatin'? Aw, hell, it looks like I might have to make the trip if a) I have my license by then or b) my mentor pilot heals up from his back surgery in time to go. Keep me posted, I'd love to be able to put some faces to names on this board.

Coopers BBQ is out of SIGHT. Nuanced sweet mesquite beef.... well, now I'm hungry, and I'm on this concall for another 2 hours!!

Cheers,

-Andrew

I'd sure like to join y'all if'n I'm around. Middle July is when I'm supposedta get goin on my annual trip with nieces. But, if I'm around, Coopers sounds great!

Best,

Dave

Only problem with Coopers?

Recalculating W&B after supper!

BTW, if you're short for time, there are local places that'll suffice. Options are open.

Only problem with Coopers?

Recalculating W&B after supper!

Yes, but one produces natural gases which can lighten things and add tint to the color of the interior :rofl: They can also help determine how tightly the cabin is sealed!

Best,

Dave

Yes, but one produces natural gases which can lighten things and add tint to the color of the interior :rofl: They can also help determine how tightly the cabin is sealed!

Best,

Dave

The only time I welcome that leaky-old-Cherokee cabin!

...we still talking at/near weekend of 7/13-14? Somewhere in there?

Please advise, concocting possible devious ventures.

Any update on your plane plans?

Any update on your plane plans?
Weather permitting, I'm leaving here crack of dawn Thursday and heading back crack of dawn Friday. So that leaves dinner Thursday the sole socializing window.

(Two birthday parties and a swim meet on Saturday. Kids can really cramp your style sometimes.)

Sigh. Airlines 1, GA 0.

I will be making this trip by Southwest into Dallas and driving to Waco. On the bright side, I will save lots of money. One the minus side, I HATE airlines.

Back