Waco Crash in Austin

Lowflynjack

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jack Fleetwood
I was surprised nobody posted this accident here. A Waco carrying passengers for aerial tours crashed into Lake Travis here in Austin over the weekend. Good ending to a story since they all got out. It was captured on video... very dramatic.

http://www.kathrynsreport.com/searc...00-04:00&max-results=1&start=37&by-date=false

KathrynsReport.jpg

It has been posted Jack. Somewhere in here...

Waco is a nice place to visit. Very nice airport. The Mammoth Museum is worth visiting (but closed on Sunday) and the Classic Diner is not far away and, as the name states, classic.

I agree. We have an 'Incidents' forum on one of my skydiving sites I go to. Helps keep everything in one place

Would be a nice addition. Wish they would put the PoA chat back up too.

My pilot friend says he was an eyewitness to the Waco's run-up at Bergstrom and claims the engine ran like c*ap. With non-pilot passengers, there's no cause for alarm so they took off.
I think the engine was trying to tell the pilot something.

Glad they got out okay and nobody drowned, especially after the flip.
They were lucky that the lake was packed with boats for the long weekend. And the boaters were lucky that the pilot put it in clean water and didn't hit anybody. Overall, good outcome. Could have been much worse.

I just rode with the girlfriend in a Waco down in Key West a week ago. Was a bunch of fun! I certainly had my keen eyes and ears on, but I'm not sure if I'd know if a radial was running well or not? I suppose I would know if it was really bad, but...

Back