WAAS equipment code coming?

I've been filing ICAO FPL's in the US for years as a hobby flyer :dunno: It's no big deal if you're filing with foreflight or fltplan. Just set up your profile and select the option to file ICAO format. If you fly multiple planes it is not a problem you just set up multiple profiles. It only takes about two minutes to set up the profile for a new plane.

I've been filing ICAO FPL's in the US for years as a hobby flyer :dunno: It's no big deal if you're filing with foreflight or fltplan. Just set up your profile and select the option to file ICAO format. If you fly multiple planes it is not a problem you just set up multiple profiles. It only takes about two minutes to set up the profile for a new plane.
So what about us old electronics challenged graybeards who still file via FSS by telephone? The way it has been working with the old flight plan they (LockMart) has my profile if I call from my home phone, altho' if I call from another phone including my cell phone I have to give 'em all the required information. So, is LMFSS going to set up a profile for me on the new flight plan format?

As a side note, I believe you can link your cell number to your profile as well.

So what about us old electronics challenged graybeards who still file via FSS by telephone? The way it has been working with the old flight plan they (LockMart) has my profile if I call from my home phone, altho' if I call from another phone including my cell phone I have to give 'em all the required information. So, is LMFSS going to set up a profile for me on the new flight plan format?

I am guessing LMFSS just keep a single record for you. If you file old style they translate it to ICAO on the spot. So going modern will cost nothing and just (possibly) add/modify a few data fields one time.
But I stand to be corrected.

Back