Vyvanse

U

Unregistered

I'm a semi-retired aviation maintenance professional with PPL.

I've been in transport category maintenance positions doing management, leadership, accounting, audit, project management of all sizes.

I'm not current but building an experimental aircraft with the intentions of flying again.

For some reason which I initially rejected, my doctor wanted me to try Vyvanse. I finally tried it at a very low dose of 40 mg.

So I'm thinking about getting my 3rd class medical back so I start checking my meds in the AOPA database.

Well the Vyvanse sets off some complicated bells including getting off of it immediately and eventually getting a battery of neuropsychological tests.

I will have to find out if he actually diagnosed me with ADD.

I'm looking for any hints or clues as to my tasks involved in getting my medical back.

Oh Jes_us Chr_st. Another airman crucified by a sloppy doc. "here try these, you might feel better". Sigh.

Of course you have the diagnosis, you have to have THAT diagnosis for the ins. co, or for medicare to approve the Rx. And it's all available outside your medical record in the form of billing codes. There is no indication for that med except for ADD.

So you need to go back, bring the pills, have the doc write a letter saying, "Vyvanse was a clincal trial which did not bear itself out", giving the dates of exposure and noting that the remaining pills were turned back in.

I would not be staying with that doc, after the letter is in hand. But it's your choice.

Last edited:
I'm a semi-retired aviation maintenance professional with PPL.

I've been in transport category maintenance positions doing management, leadership, accounting, audit, project management of all sizes.

I'm not current but building an experimental aircraft with the intentions of flying again.

For some reason which I initially rejected, my doctor wanted me to try Vyvanse. I finally tried it at a very low dose of 40 mg.

So I'm thinking about getting my 3rd class medical back so I start checking my meds in the AOPA database.

Well the Vyvanse sets off some complicated bells including getting off of it immediately and eventually getting a battery of neuropsychological tests.

I will have to find out if he actually diagnosed me with ADD.

I'm looking for any hints or clues as to my tasks involved in getting my medical back.

I assume you did fine with the "leadership, accounting, audits and project management of all sizes"? Why in the world would your physician try vyvanse?

Just my 2 cents but vyvanse is way too expensive, way over prescribed for something that is way over diagnosed in adults!

Good luck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back